Book: "Armed Action" (Junglies in the Gulf)

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by stumpy, Jun 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought you might like a heads up about a new book that has I have just found. It is called "Armed Action" and is a true stroy about a Junglie Lt Cdr during the invasion of Iraq. I have just read the first chapter and so far it looks very good.

2. hi
    yep I have my nose in it every night. It's a really good book!

dogfish

3. I started today and am half way through. I want to just finish it tonight but will save the rest for the week Who would have thought it, WAFUs can write!

4. Its good for newbies actually, i've read it prior to my AIB for information about life on HMS Ocean and in the fleet air arm. Its a very good book but sometimes.... dare i say it, he is a tad up himself. If he uses the forums i'm dead arn't I!

5. I have a signed copy. Great Book!

6. Amazon site:
    Here's me thinking ACOS CSAV (delegated to SAVO) was responsible for S+P in the FAA.
    Or even the Boss of NFSF(RW) at the coal face. Obviously not. Discuss .......

Whatever, good luck to him. I might write a ditty on Bagging, but then the mighty Mark 2 wasnt that exciting lol.

7. How did he drag himself away from his mirror to write a book. Still typical pilot "Lets talk about me." :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
    Loving your work, really guys He he he.
    NZB

8. I'll just give him a call and let him know how much you love him....i mean his book!

9. Do me a favour - when you call him tell I would have appreciated a call before he puts me in the ******* thing!

10. Great book, could not put it down once I started. It is now doing the rounds of Bardufoss Flystasjon :rendeer:

11. Yeah, I'm in the Ocean TAG photo. Where are my royalties? :lol:

12. Not a bad read. But quite a few inaccuracies as to what happened in Ocean. Made me wonder if we were actually in the same ship at the same time.

13. Thought it wasn't too far away from the truth, I also think a bit of artistic license was pushed by the editors/producers.

Shaun