Book about Vietnam

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by sexbody, Jul 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if any of the Yanks on the site have read this "An Enormous Crime" by Bill Hendon and Elizabeth Stewart. Any thoughts opinions? I have just started reading it.
  2. I would be interested in your opinion of it.
    two excellant books that i have read, chicenhwk by robert mason (fantastic) and once a warriro king (i forget the author).
  3. If you like that kind of book, try "About Face" By Col. David Hackworth.
    Damn good read.
  4. Hendon & Stewart are right-wing nut-jobs who have done the talking heads circuit trying to pump out the tired old rubbish about the US prisoners abandoned in South-East Asia. The book is more of the same...smoke, mirrors and spin.

Much better to read "The Viet Cong Insurrection Manual For Underdeveloped Countries" by Vo Nguyen Giap. It is at least believable.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Jeez Bergs!

Don't start talkin' 'bout "THE 'NAM" matey, Msg will be spouting dollops of bullshit all over the range once again!
  6. Is that the Expurgated version Berg? :bball:
  7. I still have Mousey Tongues little Red Book, a damn good read, gets the revolutionary blood going. :w00t:
  8. The March of Folly...Barbara Tuchman (Last Section) all three sections are quite good actually... :thumright:
  9. Thanks for the input guys. I have always heard talk about this story and kind of thought it might be a bit of bulsh**t but worth a read anyway.Like I said have only just started into it so have no opinion either way.
  10. The "Letters from Vietnam " Video , was awesom , have it now on CD , Average age 199999teeeen , fxxxxxxxg awful ,
  11. Mousey Tongue?

Read it first, didn't click, then clicked a couple of seconds later, very funny.
  12. I thought Chuck 'shitkicker' Norris rescued all the POWs in South East Asia anyway?!
  13. no that was rambo II