Boobs in Guzz to reopen

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by 5dits, Dec 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Linky

Just need to reopen Jo's/DYC and everything will be sorted again.
  2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

But it's not THE Boobs is it? Ace of Clubs was only called Boobs for a dogwatch after the original burnt down. It will never be up there as a true matelot Mecca like the real Boobs and Jo's were.
    Incidentally, DYC?
  3. Royal naval school of dancing (Scotland) DYC Dockyard club Rosyth, very exclusive place, up there with boobs and jo's.
  4. tiddlyoggy

Ah, right. Don't know it myself. From Rosyth I only remember The Gladyer and various pubs/clubs in Dunfermline. The RN school of dancing from my days up there would be Lorenzo's. As an afterthought. I know it's been mentioned on other threads, but does anyone know what happened to Beasties in Pompey?
  5. Larry lorenzos was a different class of women!
  6. tiddlyoggy

Haha, higher or lower though?
  7. higher than the DYC matey
  8. I would be loathed to say that the DYC was up there with Boobs and Joes in any shape or form to be honest. It was a decent place to go on a Monday night as it was walking/staggering distance from Cochrane, but never a patch on the other two abodes.
  9. Brigham being the old sparker you are, I hate to agree with you, I was wearing my rose tinted glasses, it was an arse of a place, but beggers could not be choosers when you had NPREF draft to Rosyth.
  10. DYC?

Nah, the Palace on a Thursday beat it hands down.
    And what about Jackie O's in Kirkcaldy on a Wednesday? Some classy bints there, by the bus load!
  11. O yeah that was some place for sure and of course not forgetting 'The Palace' for some real lookers. :)

Si, I fully understand mate. :)
  12. Where was the Imps again,memory loss?
  13. Imperial Hotel - Helensburgh.
  14. How about another salubrious watering hole?

The Steering Wheel (Tiller Flat) in Weymouth and of course it sister joint...

The Harbour Lights

Two more fantastic old watering holes with such lookers and shag pieces in them.
  15. 'Bistro Club'. I was a fully paid up member of this dive down s/sea and IMOH it was far more debauch than Jo's....

Remember the narrow staircase where more broken limbs occurred from sh1t faced jack tumbling down 'em.

I've been round that area a few times since, but to be honest I can't remember exactly where it was.
  16. I fell down the stairs in beasties....I was very lucky, I landed on a group of aussie submariners who were half way up the stairs, nice soft landing for me,but it must of hurt the poor sods who were at the bottom of the pile :lol:

It always looked like every one was dancing at beasties, when in fact they were just marching on the spot to stop their feet sticking to the carpet!
  17. The Harbour Lights!

I trapped a wench who was at least 6 months pregnant. She lived on a caravan park. OK, I suppose, in summer, but this was in the height of winter.

18. no way boobs got flattened
  19. The "Carousel" just outside St Levans gate was the best - a late night drinking den - above an Indian - next door to a knocking shop!!!
  20. Also know as the GDP (Gentleman's Drinking Parlour). LOL.