Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bone question coming up...

Ninja_Stoker said:
It tends to be interactive- the idea being you can ask as many questions as you like. There are a wide range of factsheets available covering most things but you are welcome to take notes if you wish.

Quite often when those attending are asked f they have any questions after the presentation, the majority feel that the questions they initially had, have already been answered before they were asked! The presentation is quite well thought-out & deliberately addresses items frequently asked, such as the role of the service, the different jobs available, how to join, timescales, advantages, disadvantages, pay, terms & conditions etc., etc.

Perhaps Newbies should take note of the above, if they asked the bone questions there, it would save them coming on here.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
_Tim_ said:
Out of interest, are the presentations just for officer candidates?

No it's available & free to all. Just ring 08456 07 55 55 to book.

You may even save Hig having a heart attack by attending, thus helping forces charities simultaneously.

Higgy, the Newbies have me giggling much of the day. They're the best substitute for booze during the dry hours at work! ;)

JaFAA

Lantern Swinger
Right, well I went to the presentation... clothing definitely wasn't an issue.

I'm bricking it about the first sift interview though. I can probably find some info about it on this site.

Anyone know much about the 'recruit test'? (I think that's what it was called) - the very first test that you have to do before even any interviewing has taken place. Is there any revision I might need to do before it such as general service knowledge???

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
JaFAA said:
Anyone know much about the 'recruit test'? (I think that's what it was called) - the very first test that you have to do before even any interviewing has taken place.

Try a browse through Recruiting Test Examples.

You will be given advice on what you are expected to know after passing the recruiting test. Basically you need to research your chosen trade, but concentrate on passing the test first.

Good luck.

_Tim_

Banned
JaFAA said:
Anyone know much about the 'recruit test'? (I think that's what it was called) - the very first test that you have to do before even any interviewing has taken place. Is there any revision I might need to do before it such as general service knowledge???
Is it the same test as everyone else, do you know?

if it's the psychometric then it was:
Reasoning, Verbal ability (or reasoning, I can;t remember now), Maths and mechanical comprehension.

4to8

MIA
_Tim_ said:
or reasoning, I can;t remember now

Welcome to the club Tim, yer a bit young for the memory loss bit,but as yer young and fit ...........why you could run down to the shops for us and carry heavy things 'n stuff like that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stirling Bone question of the week.......so far. Diamond Lil's 9
N Maybe a bone question but, education... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Z Another potentially bone question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Strangely_Brown Bone Question? The Corps 12
C Bone medical question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Bone question time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Bone question about a badge The Fleet 27
G Bone Question but not a Waaah! SCC and URNU 12
NZ_Bootneck It's bone question week. Ask 1 and get the next 1 free. Diamond Lil's 22
tentoes Being bone..... Motoring 3
T Blood/Bone/Organ Donor's Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
soleil P. News: Economy Set To Suffer If Fleet Cut Back To The Bone Current Affairs 13
Maxi_77 How bone are Labour supporters Current Affairs 62
ex_rubberdagger Yet more bone questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 183
werqpr brusied coccyx (tail-bone) Health & Fitness 4
wet_blobby Bone newbie questions. Diamond Lil's 54
wet_blobby Navy cadets not the only bone ones.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Ships_Cat Sperm made from human bone marrow The Gash Barge 9
T Psychometric test simple question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D Medals Question Blogs 4
A Question for the Naval Engineers Submariners 2
D Sorry for an eyesight question Joining the Royal Navy 31
P Dumb Question too scared to ask the CPO Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 15
H Engineering Officer question RFA 6
P Question for HM officers and those with an in-service degree Joining the Royal Navy 3
U Quick question about paying off foreign RFA 2
MoD_RSS Parliament approves veterans question in next Census MoD News 0
F Question about NSRT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
H Chef question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Medical question regarding an allergic reaction (sorry) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
L Just a question regarding the initial officer interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Public given power to question ‘lenient’ prison sentences MoD News 0
J pre-joining question regarding medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Turkey military action in Syria: Urgent Question opening statement MoD News 0
S Comms apprentice training question RFA 1
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42 - General Comment on the Question of the Death Penalty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Rootstech London 2019 MoD News 0
A Question regarding pre-joining medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Question about Qualifications from Ireland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Ask a silly question… MoD News 0
R Bit of an unusual question The Fleet 27
R Royal Marines BMI/weight question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Kiwi33 Re Join question. Failed Diver trying something different. Joining the Royal Navy 2
Max9393 Tattoo question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
SnowGoose Intake question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
P Question: CD/ESD/UD/LD/TD in RNVR service Nos. History 4
LeedsBornLeedsBred Question regarding 4K squad run at PRNC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
U Question about paperwork to bring to Raleigh RFA 5
Maxpowers FAC and Shotgun cert holder question. Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0