Bone question about a badge

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by dunkers, Nov 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Branch badge on the JR no 1 suit: how far down the right arm does it go?
    I.e. distance from shoulder seam?
    (I do not have access to a naval tailor.)
  2. I was always lead to believe it was four fingers from the shoulder as in one hand fingers closed
  3. A fist then?
  4. I meant fingers together out flat but then a fist would still be the same yes
  5. Sorry - usually my sarcasm is deliberate.

That one was accidental.
  6. That's alright I don't mind. I sort of asked for it lol
  7. Try phoning the uniform clothing store at NELSON. Can't seem to locate the number for you but the naval base operator should be able to put you through (023 92 722351).

8. give ur uniform and said badge to tailoress. when she returns it all sewed on nice like, get your tape measure out and let us know!
  9. Centre of the badge halfway between shoulder and elbow when arm bent at 90 degrees. IE distance between sholulder and top of badge is same as distance between bottom of badge and elbow when arm bent

Hope that is clear, I know what I mean!!!!
  10. Copy your mates.
  11. Cheers guys.

Hate to sound like a fcuking dullard asking for a measurement like this, but you can imagine turning up at LRCC or whatever and it being wrong. Inbound a lot of hassle with a sewing kit :rambo:
  12. Make sure you pin it on straight before sewing. Get and oppo to pin it on for you whilst you where the jacket. It will be easier
  13. I was always taught that the top of the badge (material area) was 4 inches from the seam of the shoulder making it fairly cetral between shoulder and elbow (depends on the length of your badge I suppose ?)
    But then, my badge was a star from being a JASA to POSA Scale 'B' ... !!
    so was quite easy to centralise it.

Where's the font of all knowledge of the regs when you need him ?

Come on SgtPB - this is your area.... !! :thumright:

14. I think he's overslept after a wet night out..... ;)
  15. Why are you sewing your own badge on your 1s ?
    Every base has a seamstress if your badges weren't sewn on before issue, as they should have been.
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm sure there's an official answer in BR81... But I really can't be arsed to find it.

Sorry if that sounded unhelpful. But... fukkit! :twisted:

17. Dont let your oppo any where near it , it`ll end up upside down or sideways :dwarf:
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

when I was a BoYeo I was doing all sorts of deals on badge sewing, repairs, etc. At the time I would position the badge 4 fingers from the seam across the top of the shoulder, and would use double-sided sticky tape to make sure it was in the right spot.

However I have since learned that the correct position is halfway between the shoulder and the elbow, as previously stated.
  19. I cannot really believe you're still only a JR Dunkers. Have you thought of applying for Lord West's job.... OK you wouldn't want to be known as Baron Dunkers as that might give potential wives* the wrong impression... how about Dunkers, Marquess of Rum Ration? ;)

*note: that was in the plural :thumright:
  20. You shouldn't have said that, you'll have people coming back for refunds!!!