Bone newbie questions.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I am constantly amazed at the bone questions poor Ninja has to put up with in the newbie section, so, I thought it might be fun to try and come up with some questions that are worse than the real ones.

My starter for ten....

"I'm scared of going underwater, would this hinder me in my dream to be a submariner?" :p
  2. I really like the Newbie answering the Newbie question factor (Especially Chicos offerings), the breadth of knowledge and experience is awesome, I sometimes wonder why we go to the expense of having AFCOs.
    A Forum where we can all chase each other up each others fundamentals is far more reliable in my 'umble opinion. :wink:
    My offering is....
    "I have asthma and a club foot will this affect my chances of passing the snipers course once I get my Green Lid."
  3. wet_blobby

How about.....

"Can I bring my mum to Raleigh to help with the ironing?"
  4. I think Creddley did in fact ask that one, so minus 1 point for you. :lol:

"I'm scared of heights, could I still be an ML?"
  5. Brilliant - I'll certainly give this some thought
  6. Is the voltage on a sub.the same as my dialysis machine?
  7. i no they're is an uniforme pollisy in hte navie but can i were my own clothes if they look similer enuff

(Including the bad spelling "coz its not important innit")
  8. Kin i brang me motorbike?
  9. wet_blobby

"Can I join as an officer but after training go to a unit as a one of the lads for a couple of years before going to another unit and resuming my officer career?"
  10. Do I really have to do as I'm told or can I say no sometimes?
  11. My partner says I can join the navy if she/he can come with me, is this acceptable?

I came on this earth with nothing I'm doing well I still have it if I can find it.
  12. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

As a member of the RNR, will I only get shot at or blown-up on weekends and/or drill nights?
  13. "I left the RAF after 6 weeks as the PT was making my heartbeat really fast, do you think I'd be able to get off phys in the marines if I bought a note from my Doctor?"

"I'm deaf in my left ear, have emphysema and have recently ingested large amounts of recreational drugs, will this be picked up at my medical? And before the old farts have a go about the drugs I only do it at the weekend."
  14. wet_blobby

" I'm considered to be quite pretty, will the Navy still let me join as a wren?"
  15. I was booted out of the Army because I never washed. I don't like being naked in public. I'm allergic to soap and hate getting wet. I also loathe cross-dressers! Do you think I'm suitable material for the Royal Marines? :)

I died last week. Can I still join the RN? :razz:
  16. I want to join the RN but my Siamese twin brother wants to join the RM. Can we do week about or do we have to have the operation ?
  17. I bought a Steam iron at the weekend, will my girfriend still love me if I go to sea sometimes?
  18. Not at all go for it

However the fact that you are blind in one eye and wear pinhole glasses may put a damper on your ashore activities wiv yer m8s

Jack McH
  19. Not really enough information to go on

If you are considered quite pretty and you live in a leper colony then yes even more so if your backside would hang into Iranian waters

If you are considered quite pretty, alongside girls aloud, then saddly I am afraid you would find life hard among the other girls

Have you considered NAAFI they take most anyone, as most leave after sixmonths to have their babies

Jack McH