Bomber "Weekender" D.I.Y. project finally completed!

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by BillyNoMates, Jul 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did the boat finish the LOP(R) on time and on budget? That will be what they are judged on ultimately.

2. Sooooo....the big crane is going to come down due to it not being needed any longer! I remember it going up and the immeadiate gossip about it being all wrong and not fit for purpose.

To be honest I can't ever remember anything dangling off the end of it!

Which berth is the Bomber alongside...I wouldn't have thought they were deep enough! Or is she in 5 basin!

3. One day late, due to the tides, which even the dockyard have no control over.

4. Really? Thats interesting as I have a mate onboard who has been returning to Faslane since June but it has been pushed right several times. I know the tides in Guzz are dodgy but I didnt realise they were that unpredictable.

5. Clanky you can predict the tides for many years ahead to the minute. A telephone call to the Queens Harbour Master three years ago would have given you the tide time on what ever day you wanted to finish the refit.

OH! you/they did'nt bother or were late/early.

Nutty

6. A 3 year LOP(R) which commenced Feb 05 - Jul 08 is therefore definitely not on time. However as DML/Babcock Marine run rings around the MoD commercially - they will still have made a nice little profit out of it.

7. ON Time ON Budget, and EVERYONE very happy.

It was not the tide it was the WIND.

FFS why do you want to find NEGATIVES....GrUmpy Old sod :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

8. Actually, tidal predictions are called predictions for a reason. Due to a whole host of enviromental factors, tidal parameters can vary by up to 20 mins/0.5 of a metre. You'd expect an ex killick dabber to know that. You'll see yachts aground every weekend thanks to people taking he tidal predictions too literally. :afro:
    Of course, it was the wind that prevented the bomber from moving on wednesday, my bad for repeating a poorly heard dit.

I seem to remember the launch of the Scott was delayed by two days because he spring tide in Appledore was late.

9. Pinch its called banter, walk into any mess and say "What a great job we have just done" and see how many young or old try to shoot you down. It is just not British, except for PC child associated workers to say. "O! That is bloody marvelous old chap well done"

Pinch we do not belong to the generation that hands out a certificate for sitting WELL in the naughty corner.

Nutty

10. Not negatives matey, FACTS but if your glass is half full then BZ.

11. OK Nutty Point Taken ols chap Must be my age...

BAWSACK FECK OFF. You tosser... Thats naval banter By the way But I mean it

12. OOps was it you that got the tidal prediction wrong??

Did you not mark the days off the calendar and realise it was at least 3 1/2 years instead of the 3 year refit?

Did you forget to add a zero at the end of the budget and overspent by a few quid.

OR are you just trying to stop any negative stories coming out in the press about the 3 facts above, placing the future of Devonport at even greater threat?

As I stated earlier its not a negative, its not Naval banter it is FACT that those 3 things happened.

P.S Everyone very happy?? Suggest you speak to the Faslane based members of the ships company who have had their lives mucked around left, right and chelsea by DML/BNS as they couldnt meet their deadlines.

Dont let the truth stand in the way of a good dit though.

13. Fecking Sundodgers. They get an extra 6 months shore side in sunny Guzz and they still manage to moan about it! :thumright:

14. P.S Everyone very happy?? Suggest you speak to the Faslane based members of the ships company who have had their lives mucked around left, right and chelsea by DML/BNS as they couldnt meet their deadlines.

Part of the reason my Son wrapped his hand in after 24 years. I did say `Part`

15. About as on time as the old british rail.