Bolivian Government takes over energy reserves

sidon55

Lantern Swinger
If the Yanks decided to invade Bolivia, I think they would bite more than they could chew as there are at least 2 other SA countries who are somewhat anti-American. They have in the past caused turmoil with their interference with the legally electeted Governments

hobbit

War Hero
Depending upon the motives of the ruling authority this is the way it should be with essential services or natural assets controlled by the state.The current price of fuel in democratic countries illustrates what private ownership does with necessities such as fuel . Providing the profits go into the state coffers I believe this is the way it ought to be and this may be the begining of a global trend. I am pissed off with the fluctuating price of petrol and the dizzy heights of the cost and so are many others I bet. Gotta have the right people in charge though. With the US government, it's only a front for big business I reckon same as the rest of so called democracies . Grrrrrrr!

:mrgreen:

PartTimer

War Hero
hobbit said:
Depending upon the motives of the ruling authority this is the way it should be with essential services or natural assets controlled by the state.The current price of fuel in democratic countries illustrates what private ownership does with necessities such as fuel . Providing the profits go into the state coffers I believe this is the way it ought to be and this may be the begining of a global trend. I am pissed off with the fluctuating price of petrol and the dizzy heights of the cost and so are many others I bet. Gotta have the right people in charge though. With the US government, it's only a front for big business I reckon same as the rest of so called democracies . Grrrrrrr!

:mrgreen:
On the other hand, say you're a large multi-national. You soend billions of dollars surveying and setting up production facilities. Half you profits are already going to the Government, quite aside from local employment etc. The they go and nationalise your facilites, saying they'll buy your stake at a rate they'll determine. I wouldn't be a happy money.

Don't forget those fat oil company profits are helping to boost our pensions (for those of us in money purchase plans).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UK Statement on Bolivian Presidential Election MoD News 0
T Bolivian Navy anyone? Diamond Lil's 3
MoD_RSS UK Government Minister visits Inverness coronavirus testing site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response to the IICSA Westminster report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to boost capacity in employment tribunal system, giving quicker outcomes for employees and employers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Oral statement on coronavirus and the government's plans for winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government extends support to stop business evictions this year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government backs UK companies tackling dangerous 'space junk' MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More domestic abuse charities to benefit from government funding boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government’s £40 million Green Recovery Challenge Fund opens for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government invests in Covid research at St Andrews University MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to help pension schemes seize long-term opportunities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out comprehensive support for renters this winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK businesses & Egypt government discuss green economy investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Save the Children UK can bid for Government funding again after improving safeguarding standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government investment to help build robots for nuclear plants and batteries for electric aeroplanes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out plans for new approach to subsidy control MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government publishes new strategy to kickstart data revolution across the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government-backed export insurance protects agricultural exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tech start-up doubles turnover thanks to government support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish universities awarded £20 million from UK Government MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applications for the UK Government’s Chevening Scholarships open for Argentine students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Walk-through cancer diagnoses and robotics muscles among groundbreaking projects backed by government MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government delivers 250,000 clear face masks to support people with hearing loss MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to fund international Covid-19 studies in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government announces new Board of Trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MuCCA: government-backed collision avoidance system achieves world first MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government Minister visits Aberdeen coronavirus testing site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applications for the UK Government’s Chevening Scholarships open MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applications for the UK Government’s Chevening Scholarships open 3 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches review into future offshore oil and gas licensing regime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Greater voice for rail passengers in new collaboration between government and East Midlands transport leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government launches Kickstart scheme for youth in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government backs UK’s first quantum computer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK government provides over £140 million of support for exports to Ghana MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government has changed the law so most renters have a 6 month notice period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to fund COVID-19 research in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government accelerating pothole mapping project to support motorists and cyclists ahead of school return MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Proposals: The UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government funding for St Basils' youth homelessness programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government takes action to manage surface water flood risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports the income of over 510,000 people across Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government confirms £32.5 million investment in Moray Growth Deal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports over 936,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Multi-million boost from UK government for Welsh railways to level up infrastructure and improve journeys for passengers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government creates new National Institute for Health Protection MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK government announces Automated Lane Keeping System call for evidence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scotch Whisky gears up to go green thanks to UK Government funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Whisky goes green thanks to UK government funding MoD News 0