Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOI findings...HMS Tireless UI fire in a SCOG

SELJUK

War Hero
I have just read the BOI findings. Being an ex Tireless rating I have admit to having to get up once or twice to go and look out of my kitchen window for a bit.
It was while reading the firefighting attempts with all the SOPS and EOP's being quoted that I found myself there with them. I was in the bunk space in the mad scramble to evacuate and aft of 29 on EBS with the lads knowing that they were scared witless but also determined to do something...anything to help. This report is not something I want to read again.

The reference to treating the bodies with the utmost respect to prepare them for transfer off the boat had me in tears. I did not know them...but I do...they were us. The lad stuck up in the FEC on his own and what he did brings a lump to my throat. All alone and putting fires out with his bare hands...I feel very humble!

RIP to the two guys who are on eternal patrol...there but for the grace of God

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
5dits BOI's for the losses down south in 82 History 4
hackle HMS Tireless BOI report released Current Affairs 10
F IRAN - No BoI Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS January 2021 findings from COVID-19 study published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCI commentary: findings from visits in November MoD News 0
MoD_RSS November 2020 findings from COVID-19 study published MoD News 1
MoD_RSS November interim findings from COVID-19 transmission study published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Latest findings from COVID-19 study published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCI commentary: findings from visits in October MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Latest interim findings from COVID-19 study published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest COVID-19 antibody testing programme publishes findings on antibody response over time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing study for coronavirus publishes latest findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCI commentary: findings from visits in September MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Provisional findings published in CMA review of water price controls MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest home antibody testing programme for COVID-19 publishes findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCA welcomes findings of second statutory review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus publishes its initial findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA revises provisional findings in Amazon/Deliveroo case MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Provisional findings published in radio merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Provisional Findings published in LN-Gaiety/MCD merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board welcomes findings from MoJ review, including the introduction of a reconsideration mechanism MoD News 0
D my findings after having been on a royal navy ship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS ACTIVE = SINKEX TARGET The Fleet 11
S Face Fuzz at HMS Raleigh RFA 2
Alfacharlie HMS Norman Diamond Lil's 8
B Speakers at Hms Raleigh Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 11
N Son joining HMS Collingwood 8th Feb 2021 Joining the Royal Navy 7
BratMedic HMS Sepoy History 0
Wreckmasterjay HMS Fearless and the sinking of Foxtrot 4 History 5
D HMS EAGLE old crew Nearest & Dearest 5
MoD_RSS HMS Audacious sails from Barrow MoD News 0
J Hms sultan start dates 2021 Joining the Royal Navy 3
Pandaplodder HMS Intrepid 1823 History 3
B Pre HMS Raleigh brief Joining the Royal Navy 13
MoD_RSS From Portsmouth to Odesa, UK and Ukraine naval cooperation on show as Ukrainian President visits HMS Prince of Wales MoD News 0
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
D HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: "HMS Ledbury Returns Home From The Gulf" The Fleet 0
soleil Lochside Press: "Camilla Calls At Faslane To See HMS Astute" Submariners 7
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh 'HMS Raleigh Welcomes Capt Suzi Nielsen As Its New Commanding Officer' Bases / Shore Est 24
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh RN Submarine School - Torpoint Marathon To Raise Money For The Submariners' Memorial Appeal Submariners 3
soleil P. News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Leaves Portsmouth For Training With US Marines F-35" The Fleet 8
N HMS Sultan Simulator training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J HMS Talybont and HMS Cobra History 5
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
A 2.4km run at HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS HMS Enterprise to deploy to Port of Beirut as Defence Secretary sets out package of support to Lebanon MoD News 0
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
soleil FB: Forces News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Sails Back Into Her Home Port Of Portsmouth As A "Fully Trained" Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0