Body Jewellry

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by flyingboy, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have read what they say about piercings but still feel unsure, as ive got a nipple ring in situ which i dont really want to take out in case it closes up or gets infected. Careers advicer told me that it could be an issue in basic training as for some of the gym work some of the instructors insist on the lads taking their t-shirts off and going topless. He said i may be able to put an elasoplast over it or it may simply have to come out, but ultimatly their decision, anyone experienced this???
  2. You can alway's take it out during the day and put it back in at the evenings... Depending on how long you have had it pierced. It should be fine
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Is this the voice of experience speaking? 8O
  4. um not nipple lol
  5. Seems a crazy thing to have in your chest whilst serving in the RN, I dread to think of the damage that it can do.
  6. Have you seen a degloved finger? You may be jumping through hoops into and out of confined spaces, the likelyhood of you catching your body peircing is high and you'll lose a bit of skin to go along with it.
    Your body your choice.
  7. The reason I don't wear rings on my fingers to this day is down to an article in the 70's about a aircraft mechanic who fell down the nose of a Wessex helicopter. His ring finger caught in a raised screw head and severered his finger.

Took the article home, showed the wife and have never worn a ring since. Always quoting that as the reason. :wink: (Married ex matelot's will understand the connotation!!)

As some one said. Your body - your choice.
  8. Got my nipple done as a dare on leave with a bunch of others. Found myself wearing green in N.I. with big **** off body armour x1.

Big **** off body armour x1 gets taken off after patrol. Jacket has stain. Leaky pen thinks I. Took jacket off to find a very sticky and red T-shirt. Took T-shirt off to find a very torn up nipple and no ring!

Couldn't even go sick with it as it was self inflicted and would have ended up on a charge.

Long story short, "Jewellery" and "Service" do not go well.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Deja vu time again... :oops:

10. Sgtpepperband: Liked that post mate...good one. Much the same is required when working in operating theatres, with regard to jewellery that is.....and same with smoking - no smoking in operating theatres for fear of blowing the poor fcuker off the table if you're using Ether.....blast from the past so to speak......what the fcuk am I talking about ??? yawn...
  11. Remember it well as I was on 829 at the time and they displayed the pic of the sleeve of the finger, then the ring, then the finger bone in a line...everywhere. OUCH.

And what is a guy doing with a belly ring for fracks sake..

There was a POM on the Invisible who had his nipples done!!!
  12. I've got my belly done ripped it out pretty much as soon as I had it done when I went caving. It hurt like a bitch. I had it redone since but really wont take it out or let it get ripped out again. Its not worth the pain.
  13. Just a little more than ouch. I cryed loads. Saw the blood and almsot fainted. I'm no good with blood, especially if its mine. :cry:
  14. Pain and blood ?????? you know nothing of pain and blood child. That will be rectified when Uncle Ron Jeremy removes you're clit ring with his bare teeth while simultaneously caving in you're back doors [he is rather agile]
  15. And as for the A2M that he wants to do to your dwarfish soul!! Dear god the agony!! :D
  16. HaHa love it
  17. i bet you do. I know all about you Kent girls..........must be from Dartford. :D :lol:
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There are times when one cannot help but empathise with Hig.

If you have read what it says about piercings, you will understand that they must be removed, it is basic common sense.

If you don't want to take it out, don't join. Your choice, but if you join there is no choice.
  19. You cheeky Git!!!!

IM a past lover