Bob's State of the Union

SERIOUS HEAD ON

Thanks for dropping by, as curiosity has drawn you here the real title of this thread is:

The State of the European Union & GB & NI’s relationship with it

This is NOT a serious CA style Forum, nevertheless contributors here are cordially invited to offer serious, tongue-in-check or even blatantly un-serious input.

Why? AN Other thread at CA https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/brexit-re-article-50-it-must-not-be-suspended-stopped-under-any-circumstances-please-sign-the-petition.173103/page-11#post-1430512

A. Veered far and wide from the OP’s intention

B. Became dominated by a knowledgeable but opinionated axe-grinder.

C. Revealed a common dissatisfaction with progress (or lack of) since the recent AND the previous Referendums

So, spotting a gap in the RR market, I humbly offer a venue for Leaver, Ditherers & Remainers alike to express your POV and vent your frustrations - Uninhibited by the stricter rules of CA.

Eg FWIW the ‘BREXIT decisions’ being made are by those far above us helpless little people/bystanders.

(PM T May draws circa £154k pa…Tusk & Juncker each draw £345k, their Total from the EU Trough being £690k WTF ?

SERIOUS HEAD OFF - As negotiations move along in whatever direction this new thread could be a long runner or fall at the 1st hurdle – your choice…

Free Gangway is now open

Bob L

Taztiff

War Hero
I for one am looking forward to the 29th of March.

Its my wife's birthday that day and I will be drinking wine and eating cheese with the telly off.

Wine will be Australian, cheese will be English Stilton and Cornish Brie - does that make me a Leaver?

I wonder if the wine prices will go up - discuss.

Brexit party - Not the Celebration/Consolation Event, sadly not even a dolly bird scantly dressed as Lady Get-out-of-'ere...

Gen Dit - 'tis The Brexit Party (UKIP resurrected by N Farage?) now officially recognised as a Political Party by the Electoral Commission!

New Brexit party backed by Farage wins official recognition – Politics live.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/feb/08/second-referendum-necessary-if-no-brexit-agreement-says-john-mcdonnell-politics-live

Edit to add DT take: A 24-page copy of the party’s constitution – which has been seen by The Telegraph – makes clear that it is set up to appeal to disaffected Conservatives.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/02/08/thousands-tory-party-members-defect-nigel-farages-brexit-party/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

WTF?? - IMHO Unlikely to have much effect unless/until the next GE. So note, file & forget.

Last edited:
Having lost 2 World wars, Germany has come up with A "United States of Europe ruled by themselves."
WTF did we fight for?

^In principle = started for poor Poland, then to free Europe.

Funny, but now we are having to fight Europe & one of Poland's illustrious sons,
Tusk, for our own freedom.:oops:

fishhead

War Hero
Here's the dial Emma: roughly half of us think that the EU and all it's institutions is a festering pile of shit populated by an un-elected do-as we-please crowd of un-British bastards. Meanwhile the other half see the EU as a gleaming palace stuffed full beaming bureaucrats doling out there largesse without fear of favour all for the greater good of the population of Europe.
There is not the slightest hope that these to factions will ever agree. We stare at one another across the make believe barricade unable to understand why the other has got it so wrong.
There is one point on which almost all can agree is that it would be a damned good idea if the trade between the UK and the EU could proceed without let or hindrance and tariff free. Even though everyone says that what they want the people that have to do the proper agreeing can't agree leaving the rest of us hurling our brickbats and getting more pissed off.
Plea from the heart,"FFS Polititicians sort the shit out and lets get on with life because as things stand no-one will be a winner!"

Andy_Cap

War Hero
Here's the dial Emma: roughly half of us think that the EU and all it's institutions is a festering pile of shit populated by an un-elected do-as we-please crowd of un-British bastards. Meanwhile the other half see the EU as a gleaming palace stuffed full beaming bureaucrats doling out there largesse without fear of favour all for the greater good of the population of Europe.
There is not the slightest hope that these to factions will ever agree. We stare at one another across the make believe barricade unable to understand why the other has got it so wrong.
There is one point on which almost all can agree is that it would be a damned good idea if the trade between the UK and the EU could proceed without let or hindrance and tariff free. Even though everyone says that what they want the people that have to do the proper agreeing can't agree leaving the rest of us hurling our brickbats and getting more pissed off.
Plea from the heart,"FFS Polititicians sort the shit out and lets get on with life because as things stand no-one will be a winner!"
Have a big like for the last sentance

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Brexit party - Not the Celebration/Consolation Event
Now Bob - you have just given me an idea! Friday night in Casa SB is usually curry night - so - I'm thinking, get all the pals round for a Brexit party or BBQ. Remember readers, we can still get a bottle of gin here for just over 4 euros.

Obviously, you are all invited *. Well most of you. ;)

* Subject to visas, flights, ferry crossings and other associated Zombie Apocalypse events.

Sumo

War Hero
Now Bob - you have just given me an idea! Friday night in Casa SB is usually curry night - so - I'm thinking, get all the pals round for a Brexit party or BBQ. Remember readers, we can still get a bottle of gin here for just over 4 euros.

Obviously, you are all invited *. Well most of you. ;)

* Subject to visas, flights, ferry crossings and other associated Zombie Apocalypse events.
I'll renew my passport one of these days? When I find place to go?