Bob Crow Has Gone to the Big Picket Line in the Sky

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Seadog, Mar 11, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

2. I was an Instructor Operator with London Underground for 13 years. I was on a fantastic salary and now have a very good pension. My pay equalled that of a Lt Cmdr therefore I have a lot to be thankful for to Bob Crow. Some don't like him, that's their prerogative but in past years all but the rail industries (and banking) have seen pay and conditions rubbed in the dust, fecked off to foreign parts or gone down to minimum wage, which isn't even a living wage. Unions. Once they're gone, they're gone and most will end up doffing their caps when the boss drops a coin or two in their hands.
    RIP Bob Crow.

• Like Like x 3
  3. They've just heard the news in Pyongyang.........[​IMG]

4. Shame.

No, no it isn't.

5. Bagsy first dibs on his council house !

6. Some divers may be thankful of the way Bob Crow negotiated the ten day North sea divers strike in 2006. Outcome a cumulative pay increase of 44.7% over two years plus inflation. Ofcoures those who didn't want the 44.7% increase were well and truly pissed off with Mr Crow.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Seadog

If divers were paid shitpence before Bob got his oar in, he may be thought of as a defender of the little man. But divers' egos are as big as their pay packets ever were. I'm surprised any of them ware in a union but of course my surprise doesn't mean it isn't so. I hope that the massive pay hike for North Sea divers didn't affect the price of fuel.

Big battler Bob didn't make any impression on the public sector pay freeze that affected his comrades in the RFA rating corps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

the irony of him being a victim of a blocked tube.....

• Like Like x 4
  9. Seadog

I've already nicked that one silverfox. 'LOL' as the kids (and David Cameron ) say.

10. [​IMG]

Made me laugh!

11. No-one is more upset than the BBC at comrade Bob's passing. Top story with 6 minutes coverage at 1300 and 1800 BBC1 bulletins. I'll wager the vast majority of the population had no idea who he was before today and are wondering why his passing has warranted such attention.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Its the Mandela grief fest all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Revised edit of my post #3.........

.....They've just heard the news at the BBC.......[​IMG]

14. fishhead; I bet the poor oppressed strap hangers in London have bloody heard of him!

Flagdeck; Mandela was guilty of a different crime on a railway station.

Anyway, I rarely wish anyone dead. They are usually some decent person's child, spouse or parent.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  15. POL..
    The dig was at the BBC not comrade Bob.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well I for one will shed no tears for the buly boy of the transport system.
    Yes he did well for his members by causing misery for hundreds of thousands hard working citizens, he weilded power like a jack hammer.
    Time for the government to tighten up on voting rules perhaps ensuring at least 51% of the membership must vote and 51% of the vote must be for strike action.
    I am not anti union and joined one voluntarilly when I left the RN, I am anti bullying whether it be from Unions or Management.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Good post Slim. Nicely put.

18. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So he's Bob Crow-ked now... If only he'd let me have the RMT pen for free :(

19. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nice. Very eloquent.

20. PM me your addy, Jenny. I'll send you a pen and badge. :computer: