Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob Crow Has Gone to the Big Picket Line in the Sky

bollotom

War Hero
I was an Instructor Operator with London Underground for 13 years. I was on a fantastic salary and now have a very good pension. My pay equalled that of a Lt Cmdr therefore I have a lot to be thankful for to Bob Crow. Some don't like him, that's their prerogative but in past years all but the rail industries (and banking) have seen pay and conditions rubbed in the dust, fecked off to foreign parts or gone down to minimum wage, which isn't even a living wage. Unions. Once they're gone, they're gone and most will end up doffing their caps when the boss drops a coin or two in their hands.
RIP Bob Crow.

Flagdeck

War Hero
They've just heard the news in Pyongyang.........

w.anchor

War Hero
Some divers may be thankful of the way Bob Crow negotiated the ten day North sea divers strike in 2006. Outcome a cumulative pay increase of 44.7% over two years plus inflation. Ofcoures those who didn't want the 44.7% increase were well and truly pissed off with Mr Crow.

Last edited:

Seadog

War Hero
If divers were paid shitpence before Bob got his oar in, he may be thought of as a defender of the little man. But divers' egos are as big as their pay packets ever were. I'm surprised any of them ware in a union but of course my surprise doesn't mean it isn't so. I hope that the massive pay hike for North Sea divers didn't affect the price of fuel.

Big battler Bob didn't make any impression on the public sector pay freeze that affected his comrades in the RFA rating corps.

Seadog

War Hero
I've already nicked that one silverfox. 'LOL' as the kids (and David Cameron ) say.

fishhead

War Hero
No-one is more upset than the BBC at comrade Bob's passing. Top story with 6 minutes coverage at 1300 and 1800 BBC1 bulletins. I'll wager the vast majority of the population had no idea who he was before today and are wondering why his passing has warranted such attention.

Flagdeck

War Hero
No-one is more upset than the BBC at comrade Bob's passing. Top story with 6 minutes coverage at 1300 and 1800 BBC1 bulletins. I'll wager the vast majority of the population had no idea who he was before today and are wondering why his passing has warranted such attention.

Its the Mandela grief fest all over again.

fishhead; I bet the poor oppressed strap hangers in London have bloody heard of him!

Flagdeck; Mandela was guilty of a different crime on a railway station.

Anyway, I rarely wish anyone dead. They are usually some decent person's child, spouse or parent.

Last edited:

slim

War Hero
Well I for one will shed no tears for the buly boy of the transport system.
Yes he did well for his members by causing misery for hundreds of thousands hard working citizens, he weilded power like a jack hammer.
Time for the government to tighten up on voting rules perhaps ensuring at least 51% of the membership must vote and 51% of the vote must be for strike action.
I am not anti union and joined one voluntarilly when I left the RN, I am anti bullying whether it be from Unions or Management.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Bob's State of the Union Diamond Lil's 43
S Bob McGrory - Valiants and Repeat Valiants - RIP Submariners 0
trelawney126 Bretonside to Pompey 10 bob. The Gash Barge 9
SARKING Bob Holness death Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
Waspie RIP to Side Show Bob Motoring 3
B Bob Ainsworth Diamond Lil's 6
D Bob Geldof rages at BBC over Live Aid comment Current Affairs 39
BillyNoMates How to save a bob or two. Diamond Lil's 15
BillyNoMates Bob-a-Job ??? Diamond Lil's 9
Chicogiz Bob marley Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 42
S Newsnight 2 Oct 07 - Paxman vs Bob on 1,000 troops...! Current Affairs 9
slim Bob Geldof in biker crash Diamond Lil's 32
H Thanks for the memory Bob The Quarterdeck 0
spider_monkey Col Bob Stewart (military expert!) The Quarterdeck 19
MoD_RSS My pride in evacuation of Coronavirus Britons from Wuhan – Matt Crow MoD News 0
soleil Daily Mail: "Proud Dad Gordon Ramsay Reveals Son Jack, 20, Has Joined The Royal Marines" The Corps 5
MoD_RSS New data shows proportion of steel procured within UK has doubled since last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed James Chapman, Ian Rosenblatt, Virginia Tandy and Heather Lauder as Trustees of National Museums Liverpool. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Lawrence Conway as Welsh Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Nicholas Griffin and Claire-Marie Roberts as Board Members of UK Anti-Doping. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has reappointed Dame Minouche Shafik and Muriel Gray as Trustees of the British Museum. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Rimla Akhtar and Janet Johnson as Board Members of the Sports Grounds Safety Authority. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has appointed Mukesh Sharma as Northern Ireland Trustee of the National Heritage Memorial Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS COVID-19 app has been downloaded over 10 million times MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): What has changed – 22 September MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Yemen has “never looked more likely to slide into famine”, Foreign Secretary warns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Official figures show that the furlough scheme has worked: saving jobs and helping more than half of employees back to work already MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): What has changed – 9 September MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Essex woman has her sentence increased for dangerous driving conviction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS London stalker has his sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government has changed the law so most renters have a 6 month notice period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The AAIB has sent a team to Cheltenham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Former football boss has bankruptcy restrictions extended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jeweller has ban extended after breaching court orders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Professor Roger Bland, OBE, and Dr Megan Gooch as Chair and Trustee of the Treasure Valuation Committee. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has reappointed Jim Dixon and Perdita Hunt as Trustees of the National Heritage Memorial Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Mel Young as the Scotland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Loyd Grossman as Chair of The Royal Parks. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed George Lucas as the Northern Ireland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Robert Noel and Professor Dame Janet Thornton as Trustees of the Natural History Museum. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has approved the appointment of Venki Ramakrishnan as a Board Member of the British Library. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Stephen Cohen as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed John Mothersole as the England Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Kate Still as the Scotland Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Has coronavirus killed globalisation: speech by Laura Clarke MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The AAIB has sent a team to Warwickshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Man who attacked cousin at Woking wedding has sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed three Trustees to the Horniman Museum. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed five new Trustees to the National Museums Liverpool. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Sue Wilkinson OBE as a Trustee of Historic Royal Palaces. MoD News 0