BOAT WORK ROUTINE.....

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
GJT59 said:
On a SSBN/SSN can I really expect to do a 6 on 6 off routine (as per the glossy brochure) or does this vary....?
That all depends on what branch you join and what class you serve on.

GJT59 said:
On a SSBN/SSN can I really expect to do a 6 on 6 off routine (as per the glossy brochure) or does this vary....?
On SSNs (typically): For'd watchkeepers work 6 on 6 off dived, but do get on-watch standdowns, if quiet and at OOW discretion. For Passage Routine some of them end up 1 in 3. Back Afties, most watchkeep 1 in 3, EOOW/ NCOW normally 1 in 4. As for 4 knotters (SSBNs), they I believe work some strange routines. As you can see by my "moniker" I'm not one!!! :smile:

What kind of work routine could i expect as boat LO???

I understand that I would also be expected to be OOW at certain times??

SSBN's back aft start off 1in3 then go 1in4 or better when trainies quilify fwd generally work 6 on 6 off for a fair bit of the trip but depending on the CO will go 1in3 with standoffs and standby routines

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
Runsilentrundeep said:
SSBN's back aft start off 1in3 then go 1in4 or better when trainies quilify fwd generally work 6 on 6 off for a fair bit of the trip but depending on the CO will go 1in3 with standoffs and standby routines
He's going to be an LO so will be a plastic Plot Monkey (on SSBNs). 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 depending on the CO. As a Plot Monkey you'll get to colour in the weather print outs.