Boarding Party

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The Boarding Party is nominated by your Departmental Co-ordinator & training is usually undertaken at Whale Island, Portsmouth. You can volunteer if you wish.

Gone are the days of taking iPods & the like. The general consensus is that training is a little more "gritty" than in days of yore & apparently the helicopter remains on task nowadays too.

To become a member of the elite boarding squad you must first become a ST Coxswain. Only once you've qualified and proved your self as an STC you can progress on to the elite

Sniffemout

Lantern Swinger
tommo said:
To become a member of the elite boarding squad you must first become a ST Coxswain. Only once you've qualified and proved your self as an STC you can progress on to the elite
Did my STC training at Plymouth, very hard work but very satisfying once you have your proficiency badge.
I've heard tell that it will soon count towards obtaining your dolphins. :wink:

Sniffemout said:
tommo said:
Did my STC training at Plymouth, very hard work but very satisfying once you have your proficiency badge.

Only those who don't drink at sea can be selected for STC I hear nowadays

tommo said:
Sniffemout said:
tommo said:

Hic....Hic....who's making all that fcukin racket, oh its you Tommo, pass me grog, I've still got half a bucket and I'm due on watch in a minute,
What week is it? have I missed Crimbo? 8O 8O :D :wink: :oops: :oops:

tommo said:
Sniffemout said:
tommo said:

The branch is fcukin dying. We used to frequently go on splash target patrol whilst absolutely hammered, sometimes drinking was the only way to get through a hard watch.

2_deck_dash said:
tommo said:
Sniffemout said:
tommo said:

The branch is fcukin dying. We used to frequently go on splash target patrol whilst absolutely hammered, sometimes drinking was the only way to get through a hard watch.
To be the elite you have to think elite

hamisatypeofcheese said:
How do you apply to become part of a ships boarding party once your in the Navy and whats the training like for joining the boarding party?

Thanks
Are you serving or are you waiting to join up,

Regards Chris (ex boarding party PO :D )

NorwayChris said:
Are you serving or are you waiting to join up,

Regards Chris (ex boarding party ELITE PO :D )
If he was serving surely he would know how to join the elite or speak to someone on board who'd know

:lol:

If not god help the Elite

hamisatypeofcheese said:
cheers, I don't think my eyesight would qualify me to be part of the boarding party but I was just interested in how they're selected.

Thanks
Don't worry about your eyesight! You should see what some of the Elite Boarding party use take home with them after night in Jesters or Jo's!

tommo said:
hamisatypeofcheese said:
cheers, I don't think my eyesight would qualify me to be part of the boarding party but I was just interested in how they're selected.

Thanks
Don't worry about your eyesight! You should see what some of the Elite Boarding party use take home with them after night in Jesters or Jo's!
nice one :D