Boarding Party

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hamisatypeofcheese, Sep 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do you apply to become part of a ships boarding party once your in the Navy and whats the training like for joining the boarding party?

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The Boarding Party is nominated by your Departmental Co-ordinator & training is usually undertaken at Whale Island, Portsmouth. You can volunteer if you wish.

Gone are the days of taking iPods & the like. The general consensus is that training is a little more "gritty" than in days of yore & apparently the helicopter remains on task nowadays too.

3. To become a member of the elite boarding squad you must first become a ST Coxswain. Only once you've qualified and proved your self as an STC you can progress on to the elite

4. Did my STC training at Plymouth, very hard work but very satisfying once you have your proficiency badge.
    I've heard tell that it will soon count towards obtaining your dolphins. :wink:

5. Only those who don't drink at sea can be selected for STC I hear nowadays

6. Hic....Hic....who's making all that fcukin racket, oh its you Tommo, pass me grog, I've still got half a bucket and I'm due on watch in a minute,
    What week is it? have I missed Crimbo? 8O 8O :D :wink: :oops: :oops:

7. The branch is fcukin dying. We used to frequently go on splash target patrol whilst absolutely hammered, sometimes drinking was the only way to get through a hard watch.

8. To be the elite you have to think elite

9. Are you serving or are you waiting to join up,

Regards Chris (ex boarding party PO :D )

10. If he was serving surely he would know how to join the elite or speak to someone on board who'd know

:lol:

If not god help the Elite

11. No I'm not serving, I've done my RT and am waiting until I am clear of my asthma treatment for 4 years before I carry on with my application

12. I suggest you take it one step at a time fella,good luck

13. cheers, I don't think my eyesight would qualify me to be part of the boarding party but I was just interested in how they're selected.

Thanks

14. Don't worry about your eyesight! You should see what some of the Elite Boarding party use take home with them after night in Jesters or Jo's!

15. nice one :D

16. haha, I think I'll use my eyesight as an excuse more often