BMI

Ant

Midshipman
Hi, ive got my PJFT in 2 weeks and i am aware that they will check my BMI.
I have been told that i have to be under 28.0 to pass, however, i play rugby alot and my BMI is 30.9. I am worried this means that i am an automatic fail on my PJFT.
Will this happen?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
If you were passed fit at the medical examination with a BMI over 30 then you should be OK. If however you now have a higher BMI than when you were passed fit at the medical examination it is possible you may be knocked back.

Ant

Midshipman
If you were passed fit at the medical examination with a BMI over 30 then you should be OK. If however you now have a higher BMI than when you were passed fit at the medical examination it is possible you may be knocked back.
My medical took over a year to sort out, i am almost 100% positive that my BMI will have increased by a fair bit

Ant

Midshipman
Aty my interview on Monday yes, by the Medical Examiner no. She took my BMI then measured my chest saying i was ok and passed

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Aty my interview on Monday yes, by the Medical Examiner no. She took my BMI then measured my chest saying i was ok and passed
Hmmn. Presumably, your BMI was measured many moons ago but you were advised this week that your BMI needs to be under 28. Something seems rather obvious.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sophie Health & Fitness 13
Sophie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
snapdragon The Fleet 15