BMI

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Sophie, Apr 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure if this has been asked already but after a quick search I couldn't find the answer.... does anyone know what the required BMI (Body Mass Index) is for recruits applying to the RN (pre-medical and fitness) and then prior to/going to Raliegh?
    I still have a bit of weight to lose and wanted to know how quickly I could apply, as I want to get in as soon as possible, but I dont want to get turned away unneccesarily at the medical for the sake of a few pounds and then have a restriction on when I can reapply.

Soph

2. hi

I have passed the medical, as long as you are with in your BMI there should not be a problem. when I went for my medical the doc had a chart and we discused wether i am a small meduim or large bulid, under neath each heading they had the height/weight and BMI, if you are that worried then go and see your doc or nurse and ask for a health check to make sure that all is ok, they will aslo be able to advise you if there are any problems.
    hope this helps
    ship_rat