BMI

Hi can any one help or advise. My son has just returned from PRNC and pleased to say he passed everything with good times on the run and swim. It has now come to light that there may be a problem with his BMI being too high.. we are away on holiday at the min and he’s ran every day and eaten clean. I just don’t want him turning up at Raleigh in 13 days and him being sent home. This has never been an issue at his medical. Please can someone advise cheers

Hi can any one help or advise. My son has just returned from PRNC and pleased to say he passed everything with good times on the run and swim. It has now come to light that there may be a problem with his BMI being too high.. we are away on holiday at the min and he’s ran every day and eaten clean. I just don’t want him turning up at Raleigh in 13 days and him being sent home. This has never been an issue at his medical. Please can someone advise cheers
Can you give his weight and height pls, Lozza?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
He will have been given a specific target to reach prior to entry, whilst on PRNC and also advised what happens if he does not meet the specified target.

Those significanty over a bmi of 28, with a waist measurement around the belly in excess of 93-cms will have their entry date deferred and advised accordingly whilst on PRNC.

Those realistically able to meet the entry criteria without deferring the original entry date will have been given precise details on what they must do to avoid being sent home upon arrival.

Whilst it may not have been an issue at the original medical, it is not unknown for candidates to put on 5 or 6 stone after passing the pjft, prior to entry unfortunately but, for all its faults, the bmi scale is the standard applied for entry despite the fact that people may play Rugby at a high standard or be a body-builder of repute.

From the stats provided, it sounds achievable if he keeps the phys going, eats frugally, doesn't take supplements of any description, drinks water in abundance, ditches any form of weightlifting and skips alcohol completely.

Worst case scenario? Sent home, rejoins when comfortably within the entry standard required.