BMI below 25?

WelshJaffaCake

Lantern Swinger
which is about as reliable as the horlicks we have been fed about good fats and bad fats?
There's three different types of fats, saturated is the most unhealthy one but it's not good idea to eat foods with 1 liter of vegetable oil in them because it's most "healthy".

Jack Sparrow

Lantern Swinger
By Dr. Mercola

The nutritional myth that saturated fat is bad for you continues to fall apart as a steady stream of new books and studies on this topic hit the media. The latest work to challenge the old dogma is a book called The Big Fat Surprise by journalist Nina Teicholz, interviewed above.

Her book comes alongside new research that raises questions about the long-held but false belief that cardiovascular disease is related to fat and cholesterol intake.

Teicholz points out the flaws in the original Ancel Keys study; how saturated fat has been a healthy human staple for thousands of years, and how the low-fat craze has resulted in excessive consumption of refined carbohydrates, which has resulted in increased inflammation and disease.1 Teicholz tells the Wall Street Journal:2

"There has never been solid evidence for the idea that these [saturated] fats cause disease. We only believe this to be the case because nutrition policy has been derailed over the past half-century by a mixture of personal ambition, bad science, politics, and bias."

WelshJaffaCake

Lantern Swinger
Blame catering college, we are told to avoid saturated fats when cooking. All I got to say about that author is checked she's not brought off by the fast food industry same with those studies .

Sumo

War Hero
Blame catering college, we are told to avoid saturated fats when cooking. All I got to say about that author is checked she's not brought off by the fast food industry same with those studies .
Then you do not trust the fast food industry?

Jack Sparrow

Lantern Swinger
And the alternative is?
1. Go to work on an egg.
2. Eggs will kill you.
3. Mad cow disease will kill tens of thousands? It didn't.
4. AIDS will kill millions of us. It hasn't.
5. Red wine will kill you.
6. Red wine will keep your tubes clear.
7. Avoid chicken at all costs.
8. Chicken is far better that pork or beef.
9. Cholesterol will kill us.
10. People with high cholesterol have been found to live longer.
It goes on and on, without relief, all bullshizen, all total horlicks. Moderation in whatever you fancy is fine.

WelshJaffaCake

Lantern Swinger
And the alternative is?
1. Go to work on an egg.
2. Eggs will kill you.
It goes on and on, without relief, all bullshizen, all total horlicks. Moderation in whatever you fancy is fine.
That's pretty what my 60 year old lecture said.

"I have been teaching this nutritional unit for 15 years and it's change dozen times. So my advice don't be a lazy bugger and don't eat shit junkie food all the time."

G

guestm

And the alternative is?
1. Go to work on an egg.
2. Eggs will kill you.
The above reads like an argument overheard in a restaurant between a Mail and Guardian reporter.

My BMI was 31 when I had my ENG1. Wasn't an issue as far as the doctor was concerned. Probably because it's all in the beer storage area which I intend to do something about asap. The RFA doesn't seem overly interested in your physical condition so long as you're healthy and could carry out your duties. Perhaps I am borderline, and over 35 BMI might be more of an issue but allowances can be made dependant on your age and the role you've applied for I think

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads