Blue Angels

you are not wrong. Min 2:20

[video=youtube;WKCl3lfAx1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKCl3lfAx1Q[/video]
The C130 that broke up was a US aircraft that was trialling the system prior to a tactical extraction the following day, (Operation Talon (Iranian hostage)). I believe all the crew died in the crash.

Last edited:
The C130 that broke up was a US aircraft that was trialling the system prior to a tactical extraction the following day, (Operation Talon (Iranian hostage)). I believe all the crew died in the crash.

Wrong! I would not have been so flippant if they had.

" a medical evacuation helicopter dispersed the flame and crash response teams extinguished the fire within eight seconds of the aircraft stopping, enabling the crew to safely exit the aircraft"

Ref. Operation Credible Sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember the Blue Angels displaying at Yeovilton in 1964 ; they used either Tigers with a Cougar as a "spare" , or the other way around !! Anyway ,I thought that they were all quite mad , but more exciting than the Red Arrows' Gnats or the Red Pelicans JPs !!
At the time , I was in the "Royal Guard" for Prince Philip ; I wonder if there are any more "survivors" out there ??
Ex- 766 NAS "pinkie" !!

Saw the first show by the Reds, last Sunday at Duxford, Was a very good performance and back to a 9 ship formation, most of the different airforce teams are very good and each have their own speciality. I have pics of quite a few, from the South Koreans to the Saudi's etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Current Affairs 13
Shakey Diamond Lil's 38
H The Quarterdeck 12