Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloody phones

Topstop

War Hero
How do you get Apps? told I had to get "G-Mail" address, got one put in details comes back invalid address even tough I`ve started to get allsorts of crap through on it already.

Tried my own E-Mail address I`ve used for years, no worky. the font of all knowledge the Granddaughter is stumped too.

Waspie

War Hero
For Apples Apps you need to have iTunes installed on your PC. Then go to iTunes store and try and log in. It will ask for a valid ID or open an account.

I believe other types of phones, Windows phones etc are starting to call their programmes 'Apps' too, just to add to the confusion.

If you could be more specific, type of phone. PC's OS etc it may give the geeks more of a chance to answer your question more accurately!

I am a mere bone head when it comes to mobiles. (A Doro is all I can manage):sleepy1:

Kaboom

Midshipman
Apple ID account allows you to pay for apps without entering payment details each time, you also need apple acct if you download music from iTunes

Jake.M

It is an android phone you have, you get applications from an icon that looks like a small bag called the Play Store not from itunes as it is not an apple phone you have. when you tap on the play store icon what does it come up saying?

Topstop

War Hero
Got it, had to register with Samsung on laptop, couldnt on phone, and then sign in on phone, bloody complicated, all I wanted was a torch

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Tops, I feel your pain! Yesterday I downloaded my first app! Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab. So being a Jock, immediately went to Google and put in 'free apps' - then just downloaded all the ones I wanted - Rum Ration, ARRSE and a couple of others! Best one is the one that tells you what you are looking at in the night sky! Now have a selection of Lee Child books and others, loads of phots and loads of CDs on there. Simples!

Topstop

War Hero
Google play "Apps" much simpler, just agree and it downloads no faffing about

The Sky Map looks good but its pissing down at the moment 10/10ths

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Chaps ignore the Samsung Apps Hub, just use the "play store" far easier and you can then ignore the samsung account too and if you want the anti theft/locate features just download AVG for your device and it will do that too.<br><br>Its easy once you realise you have have a google email account and that is to tie the phone to the whole apps environment and you can still keep and use your other email accounts if you want to for communicating.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Google play "Apps" much simpler, just agree and it downloads no faffing about

The Sky Map looks good but its pissing down at the moment 10/10ths

IT IS BRILLIANT! Took my tablet outside when I had the dogs out at midnight, and had a little play as there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It even identified the big bright shiny thing as 'moon', just in case!

SEP86

War Hero
Loving the fact that RR ers are going Android! Are you using Tapatalk for RR? I used to be able to get RR via Tapatalk but the search seems to go on for ever when I try now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Bloody bent below stairs butler... Current Affairs 6
JockJack Them bloody gay jokes Diamond Lil's 30
Ageing_Gracefully Book Competition - Browned Off and Bloody Minded Competitions 9
taffscrivs Extending bloody dog leads! Diamond Lil's 23
B How the bloody hell do you delete your account Site Issues 11
SONAR-BENDER Red Bloody Nose Day Diamond Lil's 38
frogman007 Bloody crabs. Diamond Lil's 7
SONAR-BENDER Bloody shop assistants! Diamond Lil's 32
trelawney126 What Bloody Planet is this Peer On Current Affairs 15
trelawney126 Whats the Bloody Point Current Affairs 16
Topstop Bloody Dockies Submariners 3
WreckerL Bloody Olympics adverts Diamond Lil's 12
P well bloody hell Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
janner Bloody hell The Gash Barge 7
trelawney126 Bloody Watch Diamond Lil's 2
Ninja_Stoker Arrse: US Humbled in Bloody Sangin Current Affairs 32
bigglesbandicoot bloody computers indeed Bloody Computers 6
UncleAlbert Bloody Sunday Current Affairs 56
wet_blobby Elmers, bloody priceless.... Diamond Lil's 7
K640 Bloody French Current Affairs 9
moshe7158 BLOODY THIVES Blogs 4
D Bloody police! RR Greatest Threads 726
slim Bloody adverts Site Issues 4
Haggis_Catcher bloody google Diamond Lil's 8
Navy_Wolf1987 Bloody snow!! RNAC cancelled! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
B I'm a newbie. Merry bloody christmas! Diamond Lil's 5
trelawney126 That took Some Bloody Guts! Current Affairs 10
Joint_Force_Harrier Bloody Crabs "Lorraine Kelly to hear them dripping" Diamond Lil's 12
finknottle Who's bloody country is this? Current Affairs 34
soleil Sun: "Don't you know there's a bloody war on?" Current Affairs 4
O Bloody medical cock up! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
L bloody long tunnel and only a little light Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M The Bloody Crabs RR Greatest Threads 239
5dits Bloody reality, by the Guardian Current Affairs 9
Chicogiz Can never Bloody sleep! Health & Fitness 24
B bloody weather Diamond Lil's 24
brazenhussy Bloody sundays!! Diamond Lil's 21
N Fan-Bloody-Tastic Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
F Bloody Hell.... The Gash Barge 5
W bloody passport! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
S Bloody Funny...... comments please? The Corps 27
brazenhussy YA-BLOODY-HOOOOOOO!!! Diamond Lil's 10
brazenhussy friday bloody 13th.............. The Gash Barge 11
A Bloody Hell, I'm 44! Diamond Lil's 33
S Bloody BBC... The Fleet Air Arm 19
D That Bloody Dentist! Diamond Lil's 14
M Huawei phones Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Press release: In-cell phones for more prisons in drive to cut crime MoD News 0
G Mobile phones Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
B Business Phones Direct - Telesales Account Managers realistic OTE £45k per annum The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0