Bloody medical cock up!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by officer_inland, Jul 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I went along for my medical yesterday and waited 20 minutes before speaking with the doctor I was supposed to be meeting. He said I should have been there the day before! Agh, someone who doesn't even know how to type and check the correct number when sending out letters shouldn't be working in that line of work! They can't fit me in for another 3 weeks now, just hope it doesn't affect getting my AIB date too much. Really annoyed. Has this happened to anyone else? The girl on the reception said it's been happening a lot lately. As my Mum says, hope this sort of thing doesn't happen when sending out a deployment and half the personnel don't turn up because they've been told the wrong date! :lol:

2. computer says no.... :pc:

3. Take your mum with you next time!! The powers that be are frightened of Mum's!!!!!

4. She was there cos I had to drive into Birmingham and it's not something that I'm keen on doing. Prob was, it's not actually at a doctor's surgery so he wasn't even there! Was going to take the train which would have taken me about two and a half hours each way. Then I really would have been pi$$ed off! Hopefully getting a free train ticket for it next time, but will still have to fork out for the taxi. And all this while I'm unemployed, agh!

5. Haven't had issues with the date of a doctors appontment, but did have issues with the doctor. I was kept waiting for over an hour, he felt it appropriate to be eating soup when giving me a onceover, proceeded to dribble said soup down himself, and then had the good grace to lose my file in his ....*ahem* "filing system" for around a month.

Bad news is that it delayed my getting an AIB date for a good month, good news is it made me appreciate the simple pleasures of a good soup.........

6. "She was there cos I had to drive into Birmingham and it's not something that I'm keen on doing."

How the ferk are you going to go to war ( if needed ) Officer inland when you cant even drive into Brum ? :lol:

7. Same fcuking difference ain't it? 8O

8. I concur, :lol:

Ps i arnt thinking strait this morning cos i was a bad boy last night and the grey matter is hurting today, :D

9. It was more the fact that I don't know my way round Brum and a tom tom is only so good. So to save time getting lost, I brought a navigator, does that satisfy Chris?? 8)

Oh, and she won't be coming with me if I end up going to war...just before you say anything :D

10. NChris is satisfied and he thanks you from the heart of his bottom, :lol:

Ps would be nice to know some of your bodily measurements,if ya know what i mean :wink:

11. I know exactly what you mean, I am 8 feet tall and have size 12 feet :oops: think I'll fit in with the company? :lol: