Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloody crabs

Chris P

War Hero
Fcuk, you're digging deep for crap aren't you - where are you going with this one and how much sh!t are you looking for now. I'd suggest you get back in the gravy pot or are you still in the carton in powder form??

bisto

Digging deep for crap-not quite sure what that means--but I am suggesting it looks as if history is repeating itself.
QE's wardroom will have its fair share of US Marine Officers stewards on its first venture to the far east in any event. Where the RAF batmen/women will fit in is anyone's guess.

Will history be repeating itself in QE's wardroom?

View attachment 56576
Norman should feel uncomfortable, if not ashamed even, to have his attention drawn to his earlier thread with the very same-same title which was posted quite recently on the 16th November last:

NB the usual boring Normanesque MO of deleting his c/s which became "Deleted 103788".

On topic but far more entertaining than pre-War Wardrobes for Wardroom Servants may be found at an even earlier RR thread (from 12 years ago & untouched by Norman/Bisto/OXO Etc.) bearing a similar Title at:

https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/the-bloody-crabs.46922/

Enjoy the gems there, plus the removal of any doubt that Crabs do bite.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Norman should feel uncomfortable, if not ashamed even, to have his attention drawn to his earlier thread with the very same-same title which was posted quite recently on the 16th November last:

NB the usual boring Normanesque MO of deleting his c/s which became "Deleted 103788".

On topic but far more entertaining than pre-War Wardrobes for Wardroom Servants may be found at an even earlier RR thread (from 12 years ago & untouched by Norman/Bisto/OXO Etc.) bearing a similar Title at:

https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/the-bloody-crabs.46922/

Enjoy the gems there, plus the removal of any doubt that Crabs do bite.
I did enjoy that thread. This one?? Hmmmm. Not quite.

Latest is that 732 NAS (Hawks) Royal Navy's 'Adversary' squadron based at Culdrose is being disbanded and the role transferring to 100 Squadron RAF.

Another grab from the crabs!!!!

huwshpis

War Hero
Happened in the 1920’s and again now - “there is no new thing under the sun” (Ecclesiastes 1:9, for the biblically-inclined)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
.......plus the removal of any doubt that Crabs do bite.
Actually, technically, they don't. They pinch as they have two large claws used to catch and cut up food. They do however walk side-ways.

Unless you're talking about Pubic Lice aka Crabs which DO bite. They can be removed by using a blue lotion.

Most members of the 100 year experiment aka the Crabs/RAF also bite vigorously at times.

Hope this has helped! :cool:

Waspie

War Hero
Digging deep for crap-not quite sure what that means--but I am suggesting it looks as if history is repeating itself.
QE's wardroom will have its fair share of US Marine Officers stewards on its first venture to the far east in any event. Where the RAF batmen/women will fit in is anyone's guess.
And you expected different!!!
Crabs and USMC would operate without their own backup!!! Naive to think otherwise!!!

Several Threads with the same title/similar titles but I''ve chosen this one as the most recent to draw contributors attention to the following DT reader's 'erksome' comment* posted by a former crab just a few days ago;

1612146157730.png

re: His 'call for Man Overboard' dit is one I had not heard before - Has anyone here ever heard it applied to a walk on the grass at any of Pussers stone frigates???

re: His 'Liberty Ship' - Obviously mistook boat for ship, unless one considers the possibility that HMS MASSIVE ferried her libertymen ashore aboard a Liberty Ship...

*The comment, amongst a few others who know little or nothing of the RN'S 'rich tapestry', followed this DT's article of 26th January

PS - For a few moments I had considered commenting on the above erks comment with a correction but resisted as I felt it more appropriate to let the misguided munchkin remain in ignorant bliss.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I remember being rescued by a sea-boat when I fell into the lawn at Dolphin. Happily it was a warm day, so no risk of hypothermia.

Then I went down to the jetty to wait for a liberty ship......

Liberty ships were a class of cargo ship built in the United States during World War II. Though British in concept, the design was adopted by the United States for its simple, low-cost construction. Mass-produced on an unprecedented scale, the Liberty ship came to symbolize U.S. wartime industrial output.

Taztiff

War Hero
re: His 'call for Man Overboard' dit is one I had not heard before - Has anyone here ever heard it applied to a walk on the grass at any of Pussers stone frigates???
After I left the mob, I worked in a company with an ex-crab.
He told me the story of matelots (read Wafu's) on a crab base always running out with a life ring, shouting 'man overboard' and throwing it at unsuspecting crabs who walked on the grass outside the RN contingent offices.
@Joint_Force_Harrier should know more.

Not heard it on stone frigate though - there was always some hairy arsed CGI waiting to give you a bollocking if you walked on the grass.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Bloody crabs! The Book Club 6
frogman007 Bloody crabs. Diamond Lil's 7
Joint_Force_Harrier Bloody Crabs "Lorraine Kelly to hear them dripping" Diamond Lil's 12
M The Bloody Crabs RR Greatest Threads 239
SONAR-BENDER Merry Bloody Christmas v20 Diamond Lil's 206
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Bloody bent below stairs butler... Current Affairs 6
JockJack Them bloody gay jokes Diamond Lil's 30
Ageing_Gracefully Book Competition - Browned Off and Bloody Minded Competitions 9
taffscrivs Extending bloody dog leads! Diamond Lil's 23
B How the bloody hell do you delete your account Site Issues 11
SONAR-BENDER Red Bloody Nose Day Diamond Lil's 38
SONAR-BENDER Bloody shop assistants! Diamond Lil's 32
Topstop Bloody phones Bloody Computers 15
trelawney126 What Bloody Planet is this Peer On Current Affairs 15
trelawney126 Whats the Bloody Point Current Affairs 16
Topstop Bloody Dockies Submariners 3
WreckerL Bloody Olympics adverts Diamond Lil's 12
P well bloody hell Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
janner Bloody hell The Gash Barge 7
trelawney126 Bloody Watch Diamond Lil's 2
Ninja_Stoker Arrse: US Humbled in Bloody Sangin Current Affairs 32
bigglesbandicoot bloody computers indeed Bloody Computers 6
UncleAlbert Bloody Sunday Current Affairs 56
wet_blobby Elmers, bloody priceless.... Diamond Lil's 7
K640 Bloody French Current Affairs 9
moshe7158 BLOODY THIVES Blogs 4
D Bloody police! RR Greatest Threads 726
slim Bloody adverts Site Issues 4
Haggis_Catcher bloody google Diamond Lil's 8
Navy_Wolf1987 Bloody snow!! RNAC cancelled! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
B I'm a newbie. Merry bloody christmas! Diamond Lil's 5
trelawney126 That took Some Bloody Guts! Current Affairs 10
finknottle Who's bloody country is this? Current Affairs 34
soleil Sun: "Don't you know there's a bloody war on?" Current Affairs 4
O Bloody medical cock up! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
L bloody long tunnel and only a little light Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
5dits Bloody reality, by the Guardian Current Affairs 9
Chicogiz Can never Bloody sleep! Health & Fitness 24
B bloody weather Diamond Lil's 24
brazenhussy Bloody sundays!! Diamond Lil's 21
N Fan-Bloody-Tastic Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
F Bloody Hell.... The Gash Barge 5
W bloody passport! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
S Bloody Funny...... comments please? The Corps 27
brazenhussy YA-BLOODY-HOOOOOOO!!! Diamond Lil's 10
brazenhussy friday bloody 13th.............. The Gash Barge 11
A Bloody Hell, I'm 44! Diamond Lil's 33
S Bloody BBC... The Fleet Air Arm 19