Blood type

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by awsomeo, Nov 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there on my medical questionnaire it is assign for my blood type, now after seeing my doctor and asking him to look through my records i have had no previous blood tests to work from.

Now the only way i can find my blood group, is for me to pay to donate blood.

Now i wonder how essential is this questions i have to pay at my expense to find my group.
  2. :roll: pay to donate blood?????????
  3. I've looked at a couple of his other posts scouse. Pretty sure it's a wind up.
  4. On mine I just wrote that I wasn't sure but I thought it might have been AB+ or whatever I thought it was at the time
  5. Pusser told me what my blood type was when I joined up. A-
  6. Mine is A, you can put that down and say you copied me?

Dont they "pay" you a cup of tea to donate blood?
  7. You could always do something amazing and donate blood........then they give you a little card telling you what blood type you are.
  8. If you don't know then you don't know. Regardless, it will be checked at RALEIGH anyway.

If you want to give blood then crack on. Costs nothing, provides people like me who prescribe a fair bit of it with a nice supply, and you get a free cup of tea. Cost to you- about 400 mL of blood.
  9. And since when have you had to pay to donate...........
  10. Or just trying for COTW???? :roll:
  11. <<Most people can give blood. If you are generally in good health, age 17 to 65 (if it's your first time) and weigh at least 7st 12Ib you can donate. You can give blood every 16 weeks, that's approximately every four months.&gt;>

That and more about Donating Blood here:
  12. Red??? :D
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Oddly enough, i've a pair of boots that can tell blood types so i'm happy to help.
  14. that's nearly an armful!
  15. :!: Report "Raped"

Plod will forensic you - Blood group classified - Result to AFCO - Simples!

Don't forget to withdraw all charges once the Blood classification is completed though.
  16. Not in Nu Zild.
    I was a regular Blood Donor in the UK and here until the NZ Blood Service decided to bar all those who'd lived in the UK between 1970 and '90(ish) due to likelyhood that such people's blood would be riddled with BCE (Mad Cow disease.) and that as there is no test to detect it the Blood banks would be in jeopardy of contamination.
    Result, instant 25% drop in donations.
  17. Whilst in Honky Fid, one of the stokers who was boracic, donated about 3 times in a week,the Red X paid $10 a pint, & went on the pi** with said proceeds.
  18. Seen that done in Dubers in the '90's also. About 5 or 6 of the Stokers mess went and sold their blood to a few different hospitals over the course of a couple of days, then went on the piss with the profit; apparently they got pissed quicker too, so it was well worth it.
  19. I'm not allowed to give blood, if you have been tatted up in a foreign country they won't accept your juice.

Presumably this rules out about 90% of all matelots.
  20. Surely the other 10% are ruled out for using there blood to carry alcohol around there system :)