Blood pressure

Hi guys went to my docs today and she took my blood pressure and it was 148/88 im going raleigh on the 17th july im going in as a submariner am i going to have a problem passing the medical ?

Hi guys went to my docs today and she took my blood pressure and it was 148/88 im going raleigh on the 17th july im going in as a submariner am i going to have a problem passing the medical ?
It seems a bit high to me but it depends on whether you have a medical condition, if you are overweight/obese and your age. However it is no use worrying about it now and I would suggest you consult your doctor again and see what they suggest.
Also when we visit a GP our BP can rise because we worry about the outcome of the consultation. If you are overweight you could try attending a gym/outdoor running and also cutting out the stodge and excessive alcohol.

A

angrydoc

Depends on your age, fitness and when you had your last cigarette. Regardless, I'm not interested in a one-off reading. If there were 3 readings taken on 3 different days which were all high then I'd be marginally interested.

Worry not about a single high reading. See what the trend is doing.