Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood/Bone/Organ Donor's

The_Fisherman

Midshipman
I was walking past the hospital this morning and decided to go sign up to the blood donor's register.

Then I kinda decided to do the whole thing and do the bone marrow and organ one (signing up when I do my first donation)

But yeah, This wont like mess up my application for the Navy will it? The fact I'm having a needle jammed into my hip to suck out the squishy inside?

A

angrydoc

You are more at risk from errant apostrophes than from donating blood or bone marrow.

I Thinks AD is saying that no it will not cause you any problems with your application, but might be worth just informing your careers advisor. As you should if anything changes or you do something. Always inform the careers office prior to doing anything or as soon as possible after.

SM

bollotom

War Hero
Then when you get in you can nip along to the nearest schoolie and get those errant apostophes sorted. :)

94seldCO

Badgeman
I have just rang my AFCO and im guessing its the same one as you FISHERMAN (Plymouth) about donating blood as im due to on thursday, and it's fine and they have no problem with it. But i'm not sure about bone marrow as thats quite complicated it think. Hope that helps.

The_Fisherman

Midshipman
Sounds good, I wont sign to the bone marrow one yet till I've had a chat with the AFCO then.
Oh and sorry about the apostophes, I had just sat an English exam a hour or so before, so was all Englished out !

And thursday is when my blood donation is!!

Pontius

War Hero
Apostrophes and prepositions.

I'm going to enjoy this thread and join the Scab Lifter in the Pedant's Lab. Let's give Magda a call and she assist us further :-D.

Cant give blood in the UK anymore as all "Floridians" are riddled with west nile virus................Cant give blood in Fl as all "Janners" are riddled with foot n mouth. So I'll just blooody keep it then!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Apostrophes and prepositions.

I'm going to enjoy this thread and join the Scab Lifter in the Pedant's Lab. Let's give Magda a call and she CAN assist us further :-D.

"Pedant mode on" Fixed that for you "pedant mode off" :-D

94seldCO

Badgeman
Sounds good, I wont sign to the bone marrow one yet till I've had a chat with the AFCO then.
Oh and sorry about the apostophes, I had just sat an English exam a hour or so before, so was all Englished out !

And thursday is when my blood donation is!!

mines thursday too, whos your CA??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Warfarin and other blood thinners – reminder on safe use during COVID-19 pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First far north “blood bike” named MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19) and high blood pressure medication MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVLA unveils Blood Bikes Wales as their Charity of Choice for 2020 MoD News 0
H Vaccinations/blood grouping Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Reducing saturated fat lowers blood cholesterol and risk of CVD MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Infected blood scandal: increased financial support for victims confirmed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Three further batches of blood pressure and heart medication recalled from pharmacies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Additional blood pressure and heart medication recalled from pharmacies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: MHRA recalls more blood pressure and heart medication from pharmacies as a precaution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Irbesartan blood pressure and heart medication recalled from pharmacies by MHRA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: MHRA recalls Valsartan blood pressure and heart medication from pharmacies MoD News 0
C Aircrew Medical Blood Pressure Joining the Royal Navy 15
Goatherder What is the origin of the nickname 'Blood' Reed/Reid? The Quarterdeck 14
WelshJaffaCake Blood type RFA 36
MoD_RSS Press release: New research shows need for emergency responders to carry blood MoD News 0
G Where to find out blood type? RFA 17
H failed medical due to high blood pressure Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 46
Ageing_Gracefully First Book Comp of 2014 - Fields of Blood Competitions 13
Ageing_Gracefully 2nd July Competition - INVESTMENT IN BLOOD Competitions 12
D Blood pressure Health & Fitness 4
alfred_the_great One for AngryDoc - relationship between Stroke Volume and Blood Pressure Health & Fitness 6
mcreature Blood Bro. Nautical Jokes 2
A Blood type Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
Polycell New blood needed Submariners 0
I Blood Pressure Health & Fitness 4
Bergen Dean Richards and Harlequin RFC Blood Injuries Diamond Lil's 6
Ollie-O Blood and Adrenaline The Gash Barge 5
werqpr Blood Pressure Health & Fitness 8
werqpr blood pressure Health & Fitness 16
P URGENT: High Blood Pressure, Medically Discarged Health & Fitness 43
werqpr blood test Health & Fitness 3
R Blood Pressure Health & Fitness 7
Chicogiz Blood risk for UK soldiers and civilians The Quarterdeck 4
wet_blobby spitting blood. Diamond Lil's 11
K Refusing blood transfusion Current Affairs 50
The_Wonderer Blood Pressure Health & Fitness 21
slim A jab that will cure high blood pressure Diamond Lil's 2
brazenhussy blood transfusion.................... Current Affairs 9
S Blood Pressure The Quarterdeck 42
D Males after young blood! Diamond Lil's 24
tentoes Being bone..... Motoring 3
soleil P. News: Economy Set To Suffer If Fleet Cut Back To The Bone Current Affairs 13
Stirling Bone question of the week.......so far. Diamond Lil's 9
N Maybe a bone question but, education... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Z Another potentially bone question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Maxi_77 How bone are Labour supporters Current Affairs 62
ex_rubberdagger Yet more bone questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 183
Strangely_Brown Bone Question? The Corps 12
C Bone medical question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0