Blogging From The Battlefield. Its got sailors in it

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by TheLimpDutchess, Oct 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello sailor. The shady powers at the ARRSE Book Review forum have suggested I post The Lovely Iron Dukes review of Blogging From The Battlefield by Major Paul Smyth here at Rum Ration. Not for the quality of the review which to be frank, is mincing cak. But because the book has sailors in it.

And all proceeds go to RBL. So you can do a good thing and get your hands on a cracking book.

ARRSE - Blogging the Battlefield by Major Paul Smyth

On a personal note, may I just say that when I read the book and realised Royal Navy were deployed on Herick 11 you shot up in my estimation? I have seen Fitzcarraldo so I can appreciate the difficulties involved in getting one of your big grey boats all the way up to Helmand. Well done.
  2. Thank you but, contrary to popular belief, Royal Navy personnel have been deployed on ALL Herricks. Please take a look at this thread some time:
  3. I am afraid N_G, in the finest traditions of ARRSE I believe you may have just been 'Wah'd'. Or put into our vernacular 'You Bit' ;-)
    Of course I could be mistaken and it is some Squaddie trawling for a fight!
  4. If that's the case, then it's a fair cop (or even a 'Limp Duchess' aka 'Iron Duke').
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just read Iron Dukes book review.

If the book is as well written as his review, then it's a few quid well spent for a deserving cause, with the added bonus that next doors' cat will think twice about pissing on my rhubarb again, after I've read it.
  6. =================================================

Who could possible argue with those 4.5 Mushrooms, eh?

Wish Listed.

(BTW a (tamer) review at Amazon awards it Five Stars.)
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That's not a cat. It's me. Have you found that turd in with the marrows yet? I'd have flushed it into the sea but it would have been a danger to shipping.
  8. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, in a way TID did give it 5 stars but as he explained in his review comments:

He has dug himself into a small hole which he is rapidly extracting himself from having come to realise that there are more 5 star books than he had thought.