Blog: The Battle of Bastion

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Strangelove, Sep 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You haven't explained how the RAF Regt are taking credit for killing or capturing all the insurgents when at least 7 taliban fighters saved them the trouble by blowing themselves (and harriers/perimeter fence) up and there was apache's and USMC involved in the fight as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That was certainly the story reported in The Sun ;) - I wasn't aware the Harriers were blown up also by suicide vests. Seems a wasteful approach if other options existed. So basically the 13 firefight kills were split between the USMC, RAF and Apache(s).

PS. Nice pic.

3. wet_blobby

Dont forget about the poor bugger taken prisoner, he's probably longing for death right now after being subjected to relentless versions of "We're part of the big three" "continuous ops since 1942" and other heroic tales of doing nothing much in particular.

4. "Right, Flight Lieutenant Cockstick. We have a bit of a PR snafu. It turns out that we allowed some enemy forces to pitch up completely unchallenged and start a bit of bother near some of those airplane things we're responsible for defending at that perimeter thing we're responsible for defending. Tell everyone we won it and hopefully they'll ignore the fact we didn't spot them bimbling across all that open ground despite being in the least geographically impaired part of Afghanistan there is. Get whoever made that advert about us evacuating Libya to come up with something, they've got massive ******* lies well and truly covered."

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hopefully all this blogging will help stand me in good stead for AIB next week. Going to the Board on Tuesday!

6. wet_blobby

SLRM_RM is bang on the money but best of luck anyway fella.

7. Haha, you may've misunderstood, or else revision has addled away my humour. I meant good practice blogging -> writing / debating on naval and defence stuff. ;)

8. And thank you!! I'm going in as an RNR CW candidate. Some S = D / T revision this weekend ought to help too!

9. No, or at least not yet. Nor am I a school boy. I'm 27, day job = journalist, RNR junior rate, gone CW through RNR.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  10. Haha. M'kay. Balancing my caffeine intake is a tricky manoeuvre some office days.