Blog is navy life 'warts and all'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Chaz, Sep 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Excellent stuff.

This is just the sort of thing that projects a positive image of the Mob. Well done Somerset, lets hope more follow suit.

Standby for a few YO's to be "lurked" for keeping the "Ships Blog" (or Captain's Blog) up to date!

2. It's got to be better than replying to the numerous cap tally letters!

3. Or one of the CW candidates!

4. I agree that it definately is a pretty good site. Most ships aren't really resourced well enough to cope with this level of material. Shame really as it is ideal for helping joe publice understand who we are and what we do.

SF

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Can this be made a sticky? Good read; especially the 'Larne Taget Training'... :thumbright:

6. And there's me thinking that blogs and speaking to the public had been totally banned. :threaten: You know, after that other business with the hostages and the like etc...

'S funny how some rules get conveniently forgotten about. :nemo:

7. Impressed ------- well written and interesting stuff.

BZ

:nemo: :nemo:

8. Fab blog! Keep it up, gives the good side of the RN from experienced views!

Plus, I get to send a lovely picture of a red faced killick to the person in question, just for fun purposes of embarressment!

9. "And there's me thinking that blogs and speaking to the public had been totally banned. You know, after that other business with the hostages and the like etc..."

They havent = the DIN requires you to get MOD permission in advance, which he clearly has done.