Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by wompingwillow, Mar 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After walking round half of pompey yesterday trying to get back a stolen rail card, I've been left with two blisters one on the heel of my foot and one that covers the whole of my little toe.

Both are very painful, question is

Do I pop them now?
    leave them till tomorrow and get a blister plaster?
    just leave them as they are and wait for nature to take it's course?
  2. Asda and Tesco do quite good blister plasters, i'd wait until then.
  3. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! Buy a better pair of shoes and look after your railcard so that it doesn't get stolen.
  4. Pop them then inject them with friars Balsam!
  5. whats that then? (
  6. Pop the blister, remove the skin and wipe the sore area with a mixture of vinegar, salt and TCP.

It won't help the blister, but it's fun to watch someone do it. :razz:

No, seriously though, unless you're planning to do more walking or running, I'd put a blister plaster on it, and leave it to heal. The antibodies and white blood cells are doing their stuff underneath the blister, and all should be well.
  7. Tis an old Balsam that has many uses.Available at Boots.
  8. Ouch! :grin:
  9. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  10. :cry: :shock: :cry:
  11. Honestly Womps its what we used for the Field Gun Teams and Booties with blisters.
  12. Yes, it's only for real men! :grin: :grin:
  13. Get a sharp sewing needle and run it quickly through cigarette lighter flame a couple of times. Get comfy and push the needle through one side of the blister and out the other side. Have a tissue at hand to mop the water. With aforementioned tissue, press the blister until it's flat and empy. That's it. the skin will go hard and eventually peel off by itself; do not help it. In the house, keep it in the air as much as you can to help it to dry. If you must walk on it in shoes, put clean socks on.
  14. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Pierce them (as P_O_L describes above) and apply a decent antiseptic, potassium permangenate is good I always keep some in crystal form in my rucksack when mountaineering, turns your feet purple though! Iodine is also good but stings like hell! both available from chemist (or sickbay) Be very careful when using blister plasters like compeed, they are really designed to prevent blisters, if you pierce a blister then apply a compeed your body seeps into the plaster forming what is effectively a blister, fluid trapped = pressure = pain. far better to use some white oxide tape. :wink: