BLIND DOG AND THE GUIDE DOG

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Backpacker1uk, Jul 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice dogs them borders

2. I have a border collie spaniel cross,she is 17 years old and still going strong.
    Known as Mollie the collie
    Lover her to bits
    If we had been in UK I would have been waiting for the animal shelter to open and then brought them over to live in Spain
    MH

3. They are here locally Jaquie, you would have had to be there really early as over 200 people have offered them a home so far. 8) Which is really nice.
    Roofs

4. That's brilliant news Roofs,will probably see the lucky new owners on the TV.
    J
    xx

5. Ditto. Would have grabbed the pair myself. My little girl is over twenty now human years about 140yrs old.

Nice to hear they have been offered homes.

6. Doggy Oppos

7. I ate a dog once when i was harry ferkin crappers in South Korea,fried dog and rice with a nice little side salad, 8)

8. Was it a Shitzu :lol:

9. Dont remember what breed it was but i do remember having the shitzu`s for a couple of days afterwards :lol:

10. Sometimes we need to be reminded

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell.
    He painted a sign advertising the 4 pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes of a little boy.

"Mister," he said, "I want to buy one of your puppies."

"Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, "These puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money."

The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer.

"I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?"

"Sure," said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle. "Here, Dolly!" he called.

Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur.

The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse.

Slowly another little ball appeared, this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat
    awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up.

"I want that one," the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said,
    "Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would."

With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his
    trousers.

In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made
    shoe.

Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well myself, and he will need someone
    who understands."

With tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup.

Holding it carefully he handed it to the little boy.

"How much?" asked the little boy. "No charge," answered the farmer, "There's no charge for love."

The world is full of people who need someone who understands.

11. Jimmy, you're getting too sentimental in your advancing years. You'll be shattering the strong,silent,tough illusion persona that we Poms have.
    Get a grip. :wink:

12. I organised a charity parachute jump for the blind,3 labradors were killed when their chutes failed to open lol
    MH
    x

13. :crybaby:

:crybaby: :crybaby:

14. A man and his dog were walking along a road.
    The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead..

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road.
    It looked like fine marble.. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.
    He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out.
    'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered..
    'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.’ The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveller asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'
    'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'
    'How about my friend here?' the traveller gestured to the dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump.'

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveller filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveller asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveller said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too...'
    'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'

15. I always thought a Shitzu was a zoo with no animals in it :D

16. I'd have kicked the puppy over the house.