Bliar's Last Visit To Bagdad

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Bergen, May 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reports are that the Iraqis mortared the Green Zone during Bliar's final visit and hit the British Embassy. Fortunately only one person was wounded but SOP's now call for helmets and body-armour at all times for anyone outdoors or in unprotected buildings.

2. :D :D Brill!! :D :D
  3. Ah!! The self-serving ever turning Bliar publicity machine continues to burn and turn.

How jolly nice for him.

PS: Any truth in the rumour that AFPAA informed him that he needed just one more visit to qualify for his accumulative telic medal.
  4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I heard there was a Bill going through entitling all MP's to wear all the medals their constituents had won, I believe it follows the precedents of voting your own pay rise and immunizing yourself from legislation you passed to ensure accountability, I could be wrong :wink:
  5. Did I read somewhere in the UK press that politicians are held in less regard than second-hand car-salesmen???? By the way, I'm not casting aspersions on the noble profession of shady car dealing here :wink:

6. chieftiff

Bergen, your picture appears to share the view of Ex- President Carter.

"Former US President Jimmy Carter has criticised outgoing British Prime Minister Tony Blair for his "blind" support of the war in Iraq.

Mr Carter told the BBC Mr Blair's backing for US President George W Bush had been "apparently subservient".

He said the UK's "almost undeviating" support for "the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq had been a major tragedy for the world".

His comments came as Mr Blair paid what is likely to be his last visit to Iraq."

President Carter doesn't appear to have a high opinion of George either, in fact Jimmy seems to be a decent bloke.
  7. I feel that the UK let down the USA in this undeviating support. We would have been a better friend by questioning some of the reasons that were being postulated for attacking Iraq and it is no surprise at the vehemence of the cover-up of the Downing Street memo by the Bliar. This would have revealed just how neck deep in this shit he has been.

8. Wouldn't have earned his Congressional Medal of Honour if he'd done that, now would he?

Honour? Mmmm - Now what's all that about anyway?

9. Shame he hasnt got a posthumous Purple heart.

10. Andy - he couldn't get one posthumously unless he were.................ooooeeerrrrrr!!!! Andy!!!!

RM :lol: :lol:
  11. No questions from the troops then - Like why are you here for 10 minutes with a flak jacket when I haven't got one ? Or why are you here for 10 minutes and I'm here for 6 months ? Politicians ? A pox on the lot of them !!
  12. Over on ARRSE there are 11 comments about the Iraqi mortars missing the Bliar.

Overwhelming sentiment is that the Iraqis need more training and should be allowed another go.

13. chieftiff

I watched the entire speech, not because I was interested in what he had to say, but because I was intrigued as to what the bloke stood behind him just behind the seating was going to do next, he kept crouching down, then standing up, then smirking, at one point he couldn't contain himself and had to cover his face with his hands! I though Tony started his speech scared! he had a total lack of confidence and couldn't look any of the soldiers in the eye, only when he got to the "well done, good job" part did he perk up. I'm still not sure if he was shaken at the prospect of being mortared or if he could feel the daggers at his back!
  14. Its commonly called the "julius Ceasar " effect!
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Wonder what the next (unelected) PM will do?

According to todays papers (It's OK I read 'em thanks, Slim) Mr "Broon" is all set to announce a schedule for withdrawal of British troops in "Eye-Raq". An interesting conundrum.

On a similar thread, someone in the MOD must've been reading ARRSE & RR as they've actually mentioned the words "D notice" & "future Royal deployments". FFS! What a spiffing idea, eh?

16. I wish that I could have watched the speech. Over on ARRSE they reckon that there was a definite 'tup three' pause before the applause and what applause there was was muted.

17. chieftiff

It's true, I honestly didn't think there was going to be any applause, he just sort of stopped. looked around and a couple of seconds later the token applause spread out from one area :?

18. That's a pity; I would have liked to make sure that he got a big hand :lol: :lol:
  19. The BBC in typical new labour arse licking language said that Blair paid an "emotional tribute" to the troops in Iraq.
    Shame his emotion hasn't stretched to providing them with adequate funding and decent equipment!