Bleep test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by charlotte_lbt, May 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know where I can get hold of the bleep test in order to practice and get used to it before having to do it for real?!

Also does anyone know how far the distance is? I heard it was 20 metres

Thanks x

2. Thankyou :) Massive help!
    Also at RNAC we did the press ups and sit ups to a bleep, is this the same bleep or is there a different one!?

3. Different beep. From what I understand it is one second for each movement, eg (1 sec) Lower chest to floor (2 sec) push yourself up. I'm not certain about that though. Just keep smashing them out and build up your upper body strength and you should be fine.

Don't bother paying for the bleep test either. I got a copy off the Mens Health site

4. hey
    if you go on the Marines wesite and sign up to the fitness tool, and you can make fitness programmes and then they have a down load bit and you can get the bleep test on that .... for your computer to load onto CD or i-pod etc its works too :) !!!

5. Sorry for possibly hijacking the thread put is that British Military Fitness app on Itunes any shite?

6. Pardon? 8O

Are you trying to ask, if the Itunes Fitness app is any good? Or are you saying you have used it and it's crap?

7. I was asking if it was any good.

8. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Can anyone help me find an MP3 of the MSFT? I want to get practicing! I tried the RN website but I think it's a bit messed up since the big outage before Christmas - same with the RM website (or is this just my computer? It is a bit crap.) I'm not sure where The Reverend found his MP3 on the Men's Health website, I couldn't!

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful. I'll buy one if I have to, but I'd rather not... =-)

9. Thatway.:happy7::happy7:

10. Magda

Is that where I've been going wrong all these years Drakey? :shock:

Thank goodness you came to my rescue! :razz:

11. Don't know if it will help anyone, but what you could do is hire a badminton court at your local leisure centre and ask them not to set up the nets.

The bleep test marking sheets are also available on line to download.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011

12. In this very thread, Toucan gave us a great link

Where it says 'Download the Bleep Test MP3' Right click on that link, and select 'Save link as'

Then just open up that file in your media player and get running.

13. Magda

Yeah, I meant to say, I worked that out! :slow: Thanks all =-)

On using my noggin I realised I could also get it from from Youtube (use Listen To Youtube - I use this all the time, it works, and ain't dodgy that I know!)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  14. Magda, can I just ask what you intend to do with the bleep test audio now that you have it?

15. I don't know about Magda, but I'm using it as a complement to my training, as well as a way of familiarising myself with the test in preperation for the AIB.

16. Magda

Er... practise for my AIB, Joe, so I'm familiar with it. Why? :?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  17. Just as long as you are aware that it is similar in some ways to doing mock exams. It is designed as a test, and not a fitness regime, so as long as you are only using it either for familiarisation, or as an occasional test to monitor your progress, then fine.

18. Magda

I plan to use it as a test of my fitness once or twice a week, and also so it's not a surprise when I make it to my AIB. Forewarned is forearmed and all that. =-)