Bleep test

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by witsend, Mar 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. what?

it starts slow and gets quicker! what the **** more is there to know me old sheepshank! you can walk till like level 3 or 4 or some such shite but you`ll jog and **** your pace up and have to wait at one end then after 10 mins you`ll be blowing out your arse, mint huh!

3. Best i can give you is level 9.10 is equivilant to running 1.5 miles in 11 min 10 sec.

4. Beast it.

5. It should be fairly simple to work out - time how long a bleep is at level one, and then convert that into kph. After some quickly listening to my test (I'm sad enough to have it on iPod), the first level is 9 kph (8 secs to cover 1 shuttle of 20m); the second level is approximately 10.2 kph (7 secs). The difficulty being measuring the exact time between shuttles at the higher level. I would suggest that it goes up 1 kph increments, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Hope this helps

6. I wish to question your question, I do not know the answer to your question but here is my question.

Why?

7. None of the above. Level 16 is the shortest, which means it slows down after that.

I don't care that much, though :D

8. Do you turn around on the treadmill at every beep?

9. Finish the dit then WE. Which did you do, bleep test or run? And what level did you acheive? And according to your calculations and tests did you make the right choice?

10. Would that be for my heart, or to set me a good pace for the Rockport Stroll?