Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blairs millions

Tony Blair has made a fair amount of money since stepping down as PM. Millions, up to 15 million from the US lecture circuit if some reports are true.

The reason he has made so much is entirely based on his support for the USA and his eagerness to put British troops in harms way for the USA. This is all a little bit obscene to me.

Meanwhile back in the real world the poor British soldier/sailor/airman is left broken and in pieces, increasingly reliant on charities like help for heroes and Hols for heroes, often funded by serving and former service personnel, not many of whom can be described as fabulously wealthy. Many a contributor to these charities has handed over £20 or £30 and thought, sod it, I'll skip going to the pub tonight instead.

Now Blair, made fabulously rich on the back of HM Forces endeavours swans around like royalty, if the cnut had a conscience he'd give at least 3 or 4 million of his ill gotten gains to the service charities, not that I can ever see that happening. I wonder if he ever, ever has a slight pang of guilt when he sees the wounded or hears of another death.
 

X.R.D

War Hero
wet_blobby said:
Tony Blair has made a fair amount of money since stepping down as PM. Millions, up to 15 million from the US lecture circuit if some reports are true.

The reason he has made so much is entirely based on his support for the USA and his eagerness to put British troops in harms way for the USA. This is all a little bit obscene to me.

Meanwhile back in the real world the poor British soldier/sailor/airman is left broken and in pieces, increasingly reliant on charities like help for heroes and Hols for heroes, often funded by serving and former service personnel, not many of whom can be described as fabulously wealthy. Many a contributor to these charities has handed over £20 or £30 and thought, sod it, I'll skip going to the pub tonight instead.

Now Blair, made fabulously rich on the back of HM Forces endeavours swans around like royalty, if the cnut had a conscience he'd give at least 3 or 4 million of his ill gotten gains to the service charities, not that I can ever see that happening. I wonder if he ever, ever has a slight pang of guilt when he sees the wounded or hears of another death.

I see that he is going to be investigated into why we went into Iraq on the premise of WMD's in the very near future. Hopefully the truth will out as to his real reasons for going in and how Dr David Kelly mysteriously commited suicide etc etc.

I sincerely hope the cnut and his minging wife do not sleep peacefully at night even though they have bagged a fortune off the back of so many brave souls!!!
 

JonnoJonno

Banned
He's a millionaire because he was the Chief Executive of a fcking country mate. He will succeed in whatever field he decides to focus his attention on. Annoying yes, but inevitable.
 
JonnoJonno said:
He's a millionaire because he was the Chief Executive of a fcking country mate. He will succeed in whatever field he decides to focus his attention on. Annoying yes, but inevitable.

Sorry, that doesn't wash. Dont see John Major swanning around saving the world and amassing a fortune on the back of GW1 or Thatcher making millions out of the Falklands.
 

JonnoJonno

Banned
They are all millionaires, including John Major. No matter what they do they will succeed in getting rich. It grips, but it's not worth getting your knickers in a twist over it.
 
As an aside.

We visit the Smoke twice a year, (She melts the plastic & I have 'other objectives'). As we stay at the VSL around the corner to Cherie Palace at Cog Nought Square, we always give that address as our destination.

This is guaranteed to engage the Taxi Driver;. You can almost hear the accelerated pumping of his blood pessure as he offers his considered opinions.

Approaching the VSL ,we wind him down gently by revealing our true destination; he then crumples and admits 'bitten'

He then collects a deserved tip for entertainment value.

Try it - Good, clean fun.... :lol:


Its almost as good as winding up Part 3s and Newbies at RR :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


as he
 

X.R.D

War Hero
JonnoJonno said:
They are all millionaires, including John Major. No matter what they do they will succeed in getting rich. It grips, but it's not worth getting your knickers in a twist over it.

As an aside John Major was one of the nicest most gen politicians i ever met and that says alot to be fair!!
 

JonnoJonno

Banned
X.R.D said:
JonnoJonno said:
They are all millionaires, including John Major. No matter what they do they will succeed in getting rich. It grips, but it's not worth getting your knickers in a twist over it.

As an aside John Major was one of the nicest most gen politicians i ever met and that says alot to be fair!!
I watched John Major this evening on BBC Parliament, being questioned by a commons committee. He's a very clever and astute politician and it seemed strange to watch him after seeing the retards that occupy both sides of the house now.
 
A

angrydoc

Guest
William Hague is the same. Loaded, I know, but obviously very intelligent. Unfortunately he was the Conservative party leader at the wrong time - he'd be an excellent PM.
 

RoofRat

War Hero
I sincerely hope the cnut and his minging wife do not sleep peacefully at night even though they have bagged a fortune off the back of so many brave souls!!!

Me too, but you have to have principles first, and that my friends is one thing Bliar or his "Boot" have never had.

Roofs
 

cupoftea

Lantern Swinger
John Major is also a big stakeholder in Carlyle Group, which is an investment firm which either have shares in or own defence, major infrastructure, banking, property, construction, the list goes on. Just the sort of business that would find a future board-member who is currently, as JonnoJonno put it "the chief executive of a fcuking country" very usefull indeed, and vice versa.

Its not so much that they're particularly brilliant human beings, its just that they happen to be the ones who can sign off loads of bunce while they're in office.
 

cupoftea

Lantern Swinger
wet_blobby said:
JonnoJonno said:
He's a millionaire because he was the Chief Executive of a fcking country mate. He will succeed in whatever field he decides to focus his attention on. Annoying yes, but inevitable.

Sorry, that doesn't wash. Dont see John Major swanning around saving the world and amassing a fortune on the back of GW1 or Thatcher making millions out of the Falklands.

Yes he did.
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
cupoftea said:
wet_blobby said:
JonnoJonno said:
He's a millionaire because he was the Chief Executive of a fcking country mate. He will succeed in whatever field he decides to focus his attention on. Annoying yes, but inevitable.

Sorry, that doesn't wash. Dont see John Major swanning around saving the world and amassing a fortune on the back of GW1 or Thatcher making millions out of the Falklands.

Yes he did.

He has been a member of Carlyle Group's European Advisory Board since 1998 and was appointed Chairman of Carlyle Europe in May 2001. He stood down in August 2004.

The Carlyle Group is a global private equity investment firm, based in Washington, D.C., with more than $84.5 billion of equity capital under management, diversified over 64 different funds as of March 31, 2009.

The firm has employed political figures and notable investors. Some of these figures include former US President George H. W. Bush, former British Prime Minister John Major and former US Secretary of State James A. Baker III along with George Soros.

Carlyle invests primarily in the following industries: aerospace and defence, automotive, consumer and retail, energy and power, health care, real estate, technology and business services, telecommunications and media, and transportation. The Carlyle Group's investments are focused on East Asia, Europe and North America, with most investment money coming from the United States (65%), Europe (25%), Asia (6%), Latin America, and the Middle East. Defence investments represent about 1% of the group's current portfolio; for example, Carlyle owns 33.8% of QinetiQ, the recently privatized British defence contractor.
 

Flagdeck

War Hero
It goes further back than Iraq or Afghan. Diana's death became the 'Tony Blair' show, but 9/11 was the opportunity for our Tone to plan his conquest of the US of A. Brown nosing his way around George Dubya, posing at Camp David in his bomber jacket, hands in denim pockets, all for American consumption, the 'special' friend of George Dubya. 'Want some extra firepower, sure George I'll send some Brits, just gotta clear it with parliament first.. fabricate a dossier or two.. no problem. Thats the groundwork done... just hand over the reins to some Dumbo (Makes me look good).. and hey!.. lets get the show on the road'
Without 9/11 our 'Tone' would have just had to get by with his expenses !
 

wurz

Lantern Swinger
A lot of the serious politicos are minted anyway. I had a chat with Portillo's wife at MPA just before Labour gained power, pointless talking to any MP themselves, they just spew party line. She said; "It's women like Cherie Blair and myself that make the money that allow our husbands to enjoy their hobby, politics".
 

Bergen

ADC
sgtpepperband said:
cupoftea said:
wet_blobby said:
JonnoJonno said:
He's a millionaire because he was the Chief Executive of a fcking country mate. He will succeed in whatever field he decides to focus his attention on. Annoying yes, but inevitable.

Sorry, that doesn't wash. Dont see John Major swanning around saving the world and amassing a fortune on the back of GW1 or Thatcher making millions out of the Falklands.

Yes he did.

He has been a member of Carlyle Group's European Advisory Board since 1998 and was appointed Chairman of Carlyle Europe in May 2001. He stood down in August 2004.

The Carlyle Group is a global private equity investment firm, based in Washington, D.C., with more than $84.5 billion of equity capital under management, diversified over 64 different funds as of March 31, 2009.

The firm has employed political figures and notable investors. Some of these figures include former US President George H. W. Bush, former British Prime Minister John Major and former US Secretary of State James A. Baker III along with George Soros.

Carlyle invests primarily in the following industries: aerospace and defence, automotive, consumer and retail, energy and power, health care, real estate, technology and business services, telecommunications and media, and transportation. The Carlyle Group's investments are focused on East Asia, Europe and North America, with most investment money coming from the United States (65%), Europe (25%), Asia (6%), Latin America, and the Middle East. Defence investments represent about 1% of the group's current portfolio; for example, Carlyle owns 33.8% of QinetiQ, the recently privatized British defence contractor.

On September 11th just as just as Al Qaeda was hitting the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon, the Carlyle Group was hosting it's Annual Investors Conference at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington. Among the guests of honour was a valued investor: Shafig bin Laden, brother to Osama.

So Pappy Bush was looking after the bin Laden's and George the Simple was sitting in Sarasota attempting to read "My Pet Goat" upside down and the entire NORAD system was closed down - Osama bin Laden got really lucky then :thumbleft:

RM
 
Agreed it is not new, but Churchill funded his rather extravangant lifestyle from writing and the US lecture circuit. Mind you he was an ever so slightly more colourful and interesting personality. Equally he did not have the Commons expenses system to bleed or a wife that could profit from his lawmaking. Probably the real thing that annoys people about the Blairs is that we know they know what we think of them and they just do not care as long as the cash rolls in.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trelawney126 Guess Where Blairs Invested his Dosh Current Affairs 1
S Tony Blairs conversion Current Affairs 22
Seaweed Are the Blairs your pinup couple? Diamond Lil's 9
slim Tony Blairs Legace to the Electorate Diamond Lil's 0
N HMS Plymouth petition response from Blairs office History 1
E Tony Blairs Speech? Current Affairs 8
Not_a_boffin Are ships getting uglier and is it Cherie Blairs fault? The Quarterdeck 46
D Jack Blairs The Quarterdeck 31
MoD_RSS UK government announces pay rise for millions of people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions of jobs will continue to be supported as Job Support Scheme launches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions of extra flu jabs available to support largest UK vaccination programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guidance on £9 billion Job Retention Bonus, set to benefit millions of businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major new campaign encourages millions to lose weight and cut COVID-19 risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over £100 million cash boost to manufacture millions of doses of COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New production lines will make millions of face coverings each week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions could be vaccinated against Covid-19 as UK secures strong portfolio of promising vaccines MoD News 1
MoD_RSS UK aid will help provide millions of Palestinians with healthcare and education MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Musical instrument firms to pay millions after breaking competition law MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK deals will bring millions more PPE items to frontline healthcare staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions more items of PPE for frontline staff from new business partnerships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK airlines to save millions as navigation charges deferred MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor gives support to millions of self-employed individuals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions more homes to be powered by renewables MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Breathing Space to help millions in debt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Solicitor banned after illicitly securing millions from investors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Loan system overhaul to benefit millions of students and graduates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions set to benefit from faster broadband with new plans to tackle rogue landlords MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Economic and Finance Committee: When we get it right, we affect the lives of millions of ordinary citizens for the better MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions in local investment to support children and young people's mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New protections for millions of vulnerable workers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Ethical directors banned after withdrawing millions in contested tax scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Millions raised from tax evading dog breeders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Home Office awards millions to help tackle worldwide slavery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New teacher recruitment service set to save schools millions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Millions to benefit from pay rise and tax cuts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New pension scheme "could deliver improved returns for millions" MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Millions of nuisance PPI calls lands director with 8-year ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New UK aid to feed millions of people in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Millions invested to help people get active in their communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Help for millions of self-employed to save and plan for retirement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Christmas bonus for millions of workers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Millions awarded to help people with health conditions stay in work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Millions awarded to defence firms leading fight for modern battlefield MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Millions invested in pilot training at state-of-the-art helicopter centre MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Multiple profit rates on contracts could save MOD millions MoD News 0
soleil W.M. News: "Europe's First Artificial Diving Reef 'Scylla' Generates Millions Of £s" The Fleet 0
soleil Telegraph: "Millions 'Wasted' On Junior Army Recruits, Report Claims" Current Affairs 0
soleil Cornish Guardian "Ministry Of Defence Spends Millions On Recruitment In Wake Of Cuts" Current Affairs 5
creddly Muslim prisoners offered ham sandwiches sue for millions The Gash Barge 31
Similar threads

















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top