Blair Resigns!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Smiffy_the_Shipwreck, Apr 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking news,
    Just heard on the radio that Tony Blair has resigned as PM with immediate effect, it is believed that the he has been informed that he is to be arrested at 7am this morning April 1st, to face charges over the "cash for peerages" scandal.
    In a statement on his behalf, a Downing Street press secretary Miss Faria Loopl said that the Prime Minister had taken the decision "to avoid embarrassment" to the Government.
    It is understood that the Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott will take the official oath of office early tomorrow morning, when he arrives back at Heathrow from an official visit to the Maldives.

2. Don't do things like that Smiffy - Prescott? Diplomacy? I'll have nightmares despite the date.

2BM

3. You sat up until it was just into April Fools' Day to post that, didn't you? :p

4. Just realised it can't be true. If lardy Prescott is flying back from the Maldives, he'd be landing at Brize. They don't take heavy transport planes at Heathrow!

2BM

5. One day soon he'll do it for real , :wink: :lol:

6. Damm ,I was gettig all hopeful then I remembered the date!!!!

7. Dunkers- unfortunately I am not staying up by choice, its amazing how bored you can get on a 12 hour nightshift :?

8. smiffy, thats not nice, getting peoples hopes up with the resignation and arrest info, then scaring the bejusus out of them with prescot.

9. Fcuk! Jeez I was hoping......................................
    Roofs

10. Despite the date and the name of the press secretary, it was obviously untrue because Bliar wouldn't do anything to avoid embarassment to anyone and even new liarbour wouldn't be stupid enough to have Prescott as PM.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

fcuk...had me hopes raised there for a minite :(