Blackrat's Classical Playlist

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Blackrat, Mar 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A bit like the other thread i started, but to be listened to in front of a roaring fire with a nice Brandy. Now i'm a huge fan of Mozart, so lets kick off with a couple from the man himself.

Eine Kleine Nachmusik, 2nd movement, Romance adante. Much better than the more famous first movement;

2. Blackrat

Requiem Mass. Although unfinished by Mozart (he died) and completed by his student Franz Sussmayr, Mozart is responsible for the vast majority of this work. You can tell this in the composition.

3. Blackrat

The Adante from Piano Concerto No 21;

4. Blackrat

Beethoven - Fur Elise. Say what you want, it's a fantastic piece of music and beautifully played here;

5. Blackrat

Beethoven - Piano Sonata No 14.

6. It's a little known fact that Grandpa 2 Deck was a the head producer at Decca for many many years and was one of the world's leading authorities on Mozart.

My Mum has still got the gold sales award for his original 3 Tennors recording in her downstairs bog and various Grammy awards being used as doorstops.

Here he is with Sir George Solti.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blackrat

You've never mentioned this to me before. I'm actually impressed.

8. Blackrat

Ah yes. The quick march of the Parachute Regiment. I always found Wagner too loud and too in your face. I can see why Hitler liked him.

If you want a loud German, have some Ode to Joy. This is how it should be done.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blackrat

Beethoven - 5th Symphony - 1st Movement.

10. Blackrat

I love this piece from Tchaikovsky. The Nutcracker Suite in it's entirety is worth a listen.

11. Blackrat

Swan Lake Waltz.

12. And you thought it was going to be Mendelssohn, that fine composer and boot manufacturer...:cheese: