Black Tot Day 2019

skyvet

GCM
Can you believe it is 49 years to the day since the final tot was issued?
Where did you have yours (if you were around then!)? Mine was at Dolphin, home to we band of diesel warriors!
Sad day :(

That is all ............Attach files

RJB63

Midshipman
Have to agree with you there, sad day indeed. Started drawing the tot in the W.I (Tortola) ending in a little port called Chaguaramas near Port of Spain. Game of football in the morning ,tot, dinner then more rum in the afternoon. Good times sadly missed.

For those not lucky enough to get it cheap from Spain/Gib here is a link to a company in Germany who ship to UK. Just bought 6 bottles for our RNA Branch and they work out at just under £20 a bottle shipped inc 19% VAT. Used them for the last few years and they ship in under 48 hours.

Dusty70

War Hero
Cheers JFH - you can also get the Pussers gunpowder rum from Chatham Historical Dockyard - and a reminisce on the Cavalier and Ocelot - the conditions we put up with when yu look back in comparison to the Wardroom etc

Cheers JFH - you can also get the Pussers gunpowder rum from Chatham Historical Dockyard - and a reminisce on the Cavalier and Ocelot - the conditions we put up with when yu look back in comparison to the Wardroom etc
Its what We were defending Dusty. Up Spirits to the class system, :D

I need to go to Chatham to see HMS Gannet, I believe she there now? As a young trainee at Lee On Solent we had to spend one weekend a month chipping paint on her when she was in Gosport.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I need to go to Chatham to see HMS Gannet, I believe she there now? As a young trainee at Lee On Solent we had to spend one weekend a month chipping paint on her when she was in Gosport.
She is.

I didn't realise you were that old!:eek::p

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I remember the Captain's house was on the far side of the airfield and having to deliver his groceries by cycling along the runway on a pussers red devil. :)
You cookie boys had some cushy numbers, being a WAFU establishment I bet it had both pedals and brakes that worked ;)

I remember the Captain's house was on the far side of the airfield and having to deliver his groceries by cycling along the runway on a pussers red devil. :)
My mate was doing a guard patrol round there when he was on killicks course with a baby WAFU (armed). Got back to the guardroom to see the baby woo's weapon was missing the magazine!!!

A brisk walk back and there is was stood up in the grass, rounds glistening in the moonlight!!!

The baby woo had been playing with the release catch on the way round.