Bitter and twisted!

noemis

Lantern Swinger
#1
I could think of better things to do with my limited spare time than spend nearly a day and a half in the butts and then snatch a few rounds between the yachties going home for Pimms.

There was a plan, I think!!

What do I do with these round bits of cardboard in my AGR now?
 
#5
Next time i'll bring the BBQ, noemis you can bring the sun loungers, phil1972 can bring the paddling pool and wetblobby the beer and nibbles.
 
#6
I'll bring the decks.

After a few beers and when the range finally clears we could line up doing YMCA on the range and when you Y instead of an M the rest of the group get to take pot shots at you.

Seriously though, it was a bloody joke. The RN's lead military training school cant even provide a range which isnt interupted every five minutes by "Howards Way" wanabee's.

Another embarassment.
 
#7
But remember that the staff did an excellent job during the weekend!

One question. Does anyone know if NAPWTs are valid if carried out over a 4 hour time frame stopping after every round? Following on from the last mess up with things not being recorded correctly could this be another invalid shoot?
 
#11
MW_Warrior said:
But remember that the staff did an excellent job during the weekend!

One question. Does anyone know if NAPWTs are valid if carried out over a 4 hour time frame stopping after every round? Following on from the last mess up with things not being recorded correctly could this be another invalid shoot?
I do genuinly believe that the staff do do an excellent job and i have resepct for every one of the instructors down there. The problem is the facilities.

What use is a range that you cant shoot on for 5 hours out of 7?
 
#14
trehorn said:
The RN's lead military training school cant even provide a range which isnt interupted every five minutes by "Howards Way" wanabee's.
well the range was built years before Port Solent, but I'm not sure how much influence Trevol might have had on planning, at the time that PS was built the lead school for NMT was Cambridge and they didn't have a long range at all.
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
#15
Karma said:
well the range was built years before Port Solent...
As was the fire-school at Horsea Island - that didn't stop PS being built and the residents subsequently complaining about all the black smuts on their nice white boats!
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
#17
Karma said:
True

But yachts sailing past didn't stop operations at the fire school.
The point I was trying to make is that Port Solent was built independent of what was already in the area and subsequently has had an impact on how the pre-exisiting residents, i.e. the RN, conduct their business. Commercial money speaks far more loudly than operational effectiveness of the RN :(
 
#19
FlagWagger said:
The point I was trying to make is that Port Solent was built independent of what was already in the area and subsequently has had an impact on how the pre-exisiting residents, i.e. the RN, conduct their business.
Wholly agree with that, sorry, wasn't clear myself.

I'd be very surprised if whoever owned Tipner at the time hadn't expressed a view with respect to the planning enquiry, but equally I'm unsurprised that the investment associated with the development got approved anyway. The council must be getting a lot of income from the facilities there.

I'm not entirely convinced that the fire school wouldn't have had to move to the gas fired modules or similar in around the time-frame it did anyway.

Given property prices it's unreasonable to try to find an alternative range, but it does rather beg the question of why the lead NMT school ended up in Excellent when the range is so heavily constrained. There used to be a good 600m range near Rosyth, and there are a few army ranges near Faslane.
 

noemis

Lantern Swinger
#20
As I said, bitter and twisted, but 30 bloody 4!!!!

I only counted 6 that didn't fall when hit, so that means I missed every up and hold!!! I don't think so, come on..... who got my 49!!

Shoot was a waste of time and null and void, they'll have to cut my arm off to get the badge off!!!!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Diamond Lil's 21
Joint_Force_Harrier Diamond Lil's 29
Ageing_Gracefully Competitions 32

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top