Bitter and twisted!

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by noemis, Apr 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I could think of better things to do with my limited spare time than spend nearly a day and a half in the butts and then snatch a few rounds between the yachties going home for Pimms.

There was a plan, I think!!

What do I do with these round bits of cardboard in my AGR now?
  2. You love it really!
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

In you OWN time go on.......heheheheh
  4. D'you know how long it took me to find two pieces of cardboard..

Butts party - for eternity
  5. Next time i'll bring the BBQ, noemis you can bring the sun loungers, phil1972 can bring the paddling pool and wetblobby the beer and nibbles.
  6. I'll bring the decks.

After a few beers and when the range finally clears we could line up doing YMCA on the range and when you Y instead of an M the rest of the group get to take pot shots at you.

Seriously though, it was a bloody joke. The RN's lead military training school cant even provide a range which isnt interupted every five minutes by "Howards Way" wanabee's.

Another embarassment.
  7. But remember that the staff did an excellent job during the weekend!

One question. Does anyone know if NAPWTs are valid if carried out over a 4 hour time frame stopping after every round? Following on from the last mess up with things not being recorded correctly could this be another invalid shoot?
  8. I'm a grotty yotty and I like to shoot stuff too.

Which side of the fence should I be on? :?
  9. You get to play target!! Enemy to you front, carry on......
  10. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

A term I have heard used on the bridge is "WAFI" - wind assisted ******* idiot, a far better description than grotty yotty :)
  11. I do genuinly believe that the staff do do an excellent job and i have resepct for every one of the instructors down there. The problem is the facilities.

What use is a range that you cant shoot on for 5 hours out of 7?
  12. Don't worry it will probably get closed in the next round of cuts and we will have to used tri-service facilities.
  13. You love it really. Who drinks Pimms these days?
  14. well the range was built years before Port Solent, but I'm not sure how much influence Trevol might have had on planning, at the time that PS was built the lead school for NMT was Cambridge and they didn't have a long range at all.
  15. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

As was the fire-school at Horsea Island - that didn't stop PS being built and the residents subsequently complaining about all the black smuts on their nice white boats!
  16. True

But yachts sailing past didn't stop operations at the fire school.
  17. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

The point I was trying to make is that Port Solent was built independent of what was already in the area and subsequently has had an impact on how the pre-exisiting residents, i.e. the RN, conduct their business. Commercial money speaks far more loudly than operational effectiveness of the RN :(
  18. I still drink Pimms
  19. Wholly agree with that, sorry, wasn't clear myself.

I'd be very surprised if whoever owned Tipner at the time hadn't expressed a view with respect to the planning enquiry, but equally I'm unsurprised that the investment associated with the development got approved anyway. The council must be getting a lot of income from the facilities there.

I'm not entirely convinced that the fire school wouldn't have had to move to the gas fired modules or similar in around the time-frame it did anyway.

Given property prices it's unreasonable to try to find an alternative range, but it does rather beg the question of why the lead NMT school ended up in Excellent when the range is so heavily constrained. There used to be a good 600m range near Rosyth, and there are a few army ranges near Faslane.
  20. As I said, bitter and twisted, but 30 bloody 4!!!!

I only counted 6 that didn't fall when hit, so that means I missed every up and hold!!! I don't think so, come on..... who got my 49!!

Shoot was a waste of time and null and void, they'll have to cut my arm off to get the badge off!!!!