Bit of a pickle..

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by GPZ_pilot, Aug 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright Guys and girls.

Im not new here, as I'm sure you've seen me post gash about in here.

But I do have a question - Due to a clerical issue at AIB, I only received a preliminary placing at BRNC - but I was given all the forms to fill out.

In the proforma, when it came to Seniority, I put 8th Sept, 2008 as I did not know what it was, and my neighbour (a 2.5 at Culdrose) said it would be your joining date. Turns out, in the letter confirming my placement that arrived today, that my seniority is 1st Sept 2007.

Any way to alert BRNC and change this?
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Erm, pick up the 'phone and give them a call? 8O

Mind you, I like your style - make a mistake and then blame someone more senior. You'll go a long way... :wink:
  3. As SPB says a telephone call should be able to sort it, you certainly are not the first Dartmouth Cadet to mess up those forms and you certainly will not be the last!
  4. Does it matter when you're seniority is? For a long time after joining you will still be treated like pond life :w00t:
  5. lol, the year's seniority means I'll get Sub lt after a year, rather than two..

I'll dig out the number and give them a call then. Thought there might be some red tape to go though..
  6. Might well be some red-tape (this is the military after all!), but the only people who can send you said red-tape is BRNC!