Biscuits !!

#1
Found in arrse:

Like many other soldiers I bought myself a 350ml thermal mug. After making coffee on a recent exercise, I tried to dunk a biscuit fruit from my ration pack and was shocked to find it did not fit into my mug. I snapped the biscuit in two and dunked it sideways. Because it did not have as much length, I could only dunk a little before scolding my fingers. If biscuits were made 6mm smaller, they would fit, which would increase morale. - LCpl, 1(UK) ADSR, name, address supplied.
www.soldiermagazine.co.uk

Must be tough in the Army these days - Can't dunk full biscuits, and probably don't have ipods either ???

:lol:

Got to be a Friday windup surely ?
 
#7
And what's wrong with the 500ml mug he is issued with. I've just come off Dartmoor, and had some epic dunking with mine and as many biscuits I could handle!
 
#9
There's nothing like freshly dunked biscuits... but if over dunked they disintegrate into the drink, and if not devoured immediately become cold, wet and soggy...... like a lookout on a wet watch ;)

Alternately when I was in the ROC we soaked the oatmeal things in hot cocoa and ate when they had softened sufficiently, ten minutes later! :lol:
 
#10
Get yourself one of these:-
Bespoke "Dunking-Mug". The "magazine"
can hold up to three rounds of HobNobs,
(Only two Jaffa Cakes) - but as yet, only
supports bikkies of the circular type. A
built-in "Dunk-Timer" is located in the base
of the mug, thus ensuring that dunkees
get their bollocks scalded - unless they
have completed the Training Course.
(Three weeks in Shrivenham, living in
the WO's & Sgts Mess)

 
#11
TeddyT said:
And what's wrong with the 500ml mug he is issued with. I've just come off Dartmoor, and had some epic dunking with mine and as many biscuits I could handle!
Clearly Teddy your DS was not the sort of man to thrash you silly across the Moor! Time to dunk biscuits, honestly!
 
#12
whitemouse said:
Found in arrse:

Like many other soldiers I bought myself a 350ml thermal mug. After making coffee on a recent exercise, I tried to dunk a biscuit fruit from my ration pack and was shocked to find it did not fit into my mug. I snapped the biscuit in two and dunked it sideways. Because it did not have as much length, I could only dunk a little before scolding my fingers. If biscuits were made 6mm smaller, they would fit, which would increase morale. - LCpl, 1(UK) ADSR, name, address supplied.
Maybe he should sue for scolding, RAF Clerks get hundreds of thousands for doing their job, sorry I meant RSI.
 

exile1

Lantern Swinger
#13
Do 81mm mortar bombs still come in the double green plastic carriers?
Used to cut one side down and shape the handle from the other....a nice big 'ally' tea mug..... job done.
Come to think of it ..... does Royal still use 81mm mortars?

Another question.... Do ships still carry ginormous tins of ships biscuits that were issued as fodder when the galley was out of order?
 
#14
whitemouse said:
Found in arrse:

Like many other soldiers I bought myself a 350ml thermal mug. After making coffee on a recent exercise, I tried to dunk a biscuit fruit from my ration pack and was shocked to find it did not fit into my mug. I snapped the biscuit in two and dunked it sideways. Because it did not have as much length, I could only dunk a little before scolding my fingers. If biscuits were made 6mm smaller, they would fit, which would increase morale. - LCpl, 1(UK) ADSR, name, address supplied.
www.soldiermagazine.co.uk

Must be tough in the Army these days - Can't dunk full biscuits, and probably don't have ipods either ???


:lol:

Got to be a Friday windup surely ?
1 (UK) ADSR is in a postage stamp sized barracks in Herford, which is the back of beyond, so biscuit dunking could be big issue there. :biggrin:
 
#15
exile1 said:
Do 81mm mortar bombs still come in the double green plastic carriers?
Used to cut one side down and shape the handle from the other....a nice big 'ally' tea mug..... job done.
Come to think of it ..... does Royal still use 81mm mortars?

Indeed so, and lots of 'em and mugs still result wherever they are living.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Diamond Lil's 1
T Diamond Lil's 8
bigbaddog Diamond Lil's 7

Similar threads