Birthday

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by Kittykat, Dec 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So 2day Im 48. First Bday without Ian.Tears all day long, young (5 year old daughter) is wondering why we r not having a party. Best friend was round earlier. Now its just me, some wine and the Internet and when I get p***** Gordon Lightfoot on U Tube

2. Another year older eh kittykat?where do the years go? Happy birthday

3. Thankyou

4. many happy returns. :eek:ccasion9: :eek:ccasion9:

5. Ditto . VMHR - :wink: :wink: :wink:

6. Hello again KK,

……..and a Happy Birthday from me, too. :eek:ccasion5:

Here is my Cunning Plan :twisted: for how to make yourself a little younger:

Today you are 48. Yet, for all of this year (up to your Birthday) you were only 47; so you are NOT telling a lie when you say “I was 47 this yearâ€, albeit for only some of this year. Repeat after me - “I was 47 this yearâ€.

For last Year (2008) the same scam applies; up until your birthday last year you were 46, So it is NOT a lie if you say “I was 46 last yearâ€, up until last year’s birthday that is! Repeat after me - “I was 46 last yearâ€.

So be quick - because for the remaining 26 days of 2009 you now have the opportunity to knock TWO whole years off by saying “I was 46 last yearâ€.

When 2010 rolls around you can still knock ONE year off by saying “I was 47 last yearâ€.

I hope this little scheme cheers you up a little, try it. No animals will be harmed.

On Birthdays; due to absences, work etc we sometimes declare a “Birthday Seasonâ€, which is valid/open until the next person’s birthday comes along. That way you can choose a more convenient day to celebrate. As Jolly Jack is well aware – Any excuse for a Pi**-up!

One of my grand-daughters (4 last month) added another slant on birthdays last year. When it became someone else’s birthday she insisted on having what she called “a Little Birthday†for herself at the same time. That has now caught on and one’s real Birthday includes a “Little Birthday†for everyone else.

Sorry to hear that you are, very understandably, feeling down….. Perhaps in a few weeks you might like to have a “little or belated birthdayâ€; if only as a bit of fun for your daughter’s sake? Remember when you were little? Birthdays at her age seemed to take absolutely ages to come around. (When you get a bit older they’ll seem to come along every blinking month!!)

Chin Up Kitty

Bob (Moi? I was 63 last year :wink: )
    xx

7. Bob LOL and its a long time from i did that. Thanks. Getting better.
    KK

8. Happy Birthday Kitty, your still a youngster, My 53rd is rapidly approaching but my head still thinks I'm 21

:eek:ccasion4: :eek:ccasion1:

9. My mum @75 says u always feel 21. God help the world with us all in it Hee Hee

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Belated Happy Birthday KK. Remember age is just a number, I'm still refusing to grow up

11. :thumbup:

12. I asked granny about that and he said you get arrested if you go round feeling 21 year olds. :( I'll test it out next year and let you know. :wink:

2BM