Birmingham Mail: "Matt Croucher Donates George Cross To IWM"

Discussion in 'RMR' started by soleil, Sep 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Birmingham Mail: "Matt Croucher Donates George Cross To

A brave, and selfless young man. The epitome of the Naval service.

2. 2 errors in the article, he's loaning his GC not donating it and he was RMR when he deployed on HERRICK. The article suggests he was RM at the time and has since joined the RMR.

3. Probably the best place for it security wise and a recently awarded addition to the IWM collection of this calibre will always bring punters through the door which is all good for that superb institution, IMO.
    BZ again to L/Cpl Croucher RMR.

4. I was on the same Herrick as Matt working for logs TQ at the time and managed to get hands on with his kit that took the full force of the blast. Got to say I was very impressed regarding the body armor. But a brave lad indeed.

5. That stuff should in the IWM alongside his Medal, too.

6. Said it before and will never tire of saying it, a hugely selfless act.

7. That's what it says in the article Bob :roll:

2BM

8. Yes, he has donated it - I just hope they are displayed together.

9. Re: Birmingham Mail: "Matt Croucher Donates George Cross To

Roger that. :)

2BM

10. "Visitors to the Lord Ashcroft Gallery’s Extraordinary Heroes exhibition will discover the personal stories behind each medal on display in a state-of-the-art space filled with interactive touch-screens, multimedia platforms and original interpretation. The new gallery will examine the concept of bravery and the personal stories behind the award of the medals. Alongside the precious medals will be many objects on display for the first time as well as newly commissioned artwork, film and photography."

http://london.iwm.org.uk/server/show/conEvent.3433

11. I had a read of his book which is pretty good aswell. During the invasion of Iraq he was put up for another gong which was hinted at as being the M.C. Unfortunately Matt went off the rails a bit on his return and it wasnt awarded. This is mentioned extensively in his book.

B.Z Royal