Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Billing address

Wondering if someone can shed some light... Say for example.. I'm a single lad, with bills etc... Can I get my bills sent to Hms raleigh whilst I'm there??

Any HELPFUL info is much appreciated

Just notify the companies involved of your change of address. Once you get an official number your mail will follow you wherever you go.

Personally in these days of digital billing, online banking, direct debits, etc it seems very last year to require an ever-changing postal address for your creditors to send angry letters to.

For post, I've always found it easier to use a 'permanent' (static) civilian home address rather than a constantly evolving military address which could also be a security issue. Rest assured, military addresses don't impress anyone you owe money to.

If you seriously want to be invoiced for goods or services rather than pay for them online, then have a word with yourself.

Seriously.

Personally in these days of digital billing, online banking, direct debits, etc it seems very last year to require an ever-changing postal address for your creditors to send angry letters to.

For post, I've always found it easier to use a 'permanent' (static) civilian home address rather than a constantly evolving military address which could also be a security issue. Rest assured, military addresses don't impress anyone you owe money to.

If you seriously want to be invoiced for goods or services rather than pay for them online, then have a word with yourself.

Seriously.
The reason for my question is... I'm a single person, no family at all.. And I do pay online for all assets etc but I still get bank statements and other things posted

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

The reason for my question is... I'm a single person, no family at all.. And I do pay online for all assets etc but I still get bank statements and other things posted

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Now might be the time to decide to go paper free with your bank. Less complicated for all concerned. You have always got the option to print things off at a more convenient time.

If when you join, you will have no civilian 'home' address then you'll find it a bit of a chore writing to all those who wish to post things to you every time you change military address, but yes, it's do-able, bearing in mind your postal address will change three or four times in your first year alone.

It's what I did for most of my career and it was a pain in the butt until digital comms came along. Expensive too.

Now might be the time to decide to go paper free with your bank. Less complicated for all concerned. You have always got the option to print things off at a more convenient time.
Problem is many financial organisations will only accept original statements as opposed to printed "on-line" ones, I went down this road last year trying to open a ban account.

Problem is many financial organisations will only accept original statements as opposed to printed "on-line" ones, I went down this road last year trying to open a ban account.
I've done on-line banking for years and never had a problem, or even been asked for a statement.

Latest Threads