Big time walter if not the worst

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by kennys-go-nad, Jan 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all sorry if this has been posted already. to add he claimed to have trained RM at deal as well
    Anyone who has been watching this thread on ARRSE its just kicked off's_Dubious_Claims

Please get posting on the more comments page, the higher in google it gets and the more midja attention it will get. It takes five mins
    Thank you
  2. I love the music on the youtube clip below.

he's a ****** he's a ******............
  3. I remember him from when I was in Nam.we shared a foxhole together.(or was it a Foxs biscuit)

Thats Chelt-nam by the way.
  4. Re: The Sun Newspaper article...And just who is Brian Ware?
    Well, lets take a look!

Who is James Shortt?

Here's his Military photo album..

Here he is in his video in action..

Seems to me that Brian Ware and James Shortt are buddies, and both are associated with the Private Company, "International Bodyguard Association," which is owned and run by James Shortt.

5. Hi

I am currently doing some investigation into a walt who has in the past claimed he was in the Army (RLC/REME and Paras) he is now claiming to have been RM for past 20 years and is currently RMR. I could do with some help with clearing up the RM side of things.

I do have the names he uses (there are several aka), Army number and a PO number (is that a RM service number?), rough idea where this person lives. Some of his claims could be seen as pretty offensive. He is trying to build an online persona to back up his claims (service claims on Friends Reunited, even found he is claiming to have the Military Medal plus a few other wild claims).

Any discreet help would be welcomed
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I've been following the various threads, Baron 1,2 & 3, shortt thread. A lot of pages ripping this guy and his claims to pieces. Its like watching a train crash in slow motion. The impression I get, is its heading for a conclusion with the Baron going postal.

I like there sense of humour, "walt hunting is now the official sport of Arrse".
  7. Why be discreet? Do share..
  8. possibility of a criminal investigation for fraud
  9. Just had a browse through those photos in the link added by NG - they are quality and had me feeling totally inept and unloved whilst looking at our hero.
  10. witsend

11. They were very good witsend, especially the arrse walt one. I wonder if that is where our resident norma got his ideas from? :)
  12. witsend

Did you read the royal navy entry,,,lol
  13. still looking for help with RM service numbers do they begin with PO?
  14. Hi Panda

Yes the RM numbers do start with PO with normally a further letter at the end E.G PO95667P. RMR numbers are slightly different E.G P994123P.

Hope this helps.

15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Pandaplodder. I'll help you but lets have some background. lets start with you, why the interest?

And if someone claims to be RLC/REME/Para/RM why do you find this strange? Especially if he's been RM for 20 years and the RLC was formed out of units like the RCT.

Post his supposed RM number (just the first 3 numbers, lets not worry about letters at this stage) because we'll know roughly what the number for 1988/89 will be.
  16. thanks for that
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't forget that RN numbers used to start P/054***
  18. PO9842

First time I have ever heard of Para being a Marine at same time, I'm ex RMP and just know how the two don't generally mix (Ever seen a punch up at Larkhill between Cdo and Para gunners?).

Why the interest well, this person is raising money for charities (this years one is H4H), trouble is nobody who gets involved has any idea the true amounts raised or if how much actually gets back to the charity.

Anyone who is getting involved with him are being told to make a service identity up or are told what they have been in, one person was told they were an RAF Flt Lt another a Para which was changed to RM, but when asked the latter said "huh who me? I have never been in the Forces, I work in IT" I want to post what I do have but think further digging is required.
  19. I sincerely hope that the antics of this Walt will in no way sully the good name of H4H.