Big Shots Swop Pictures.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10710074

David Cameron presents Barack Obama with graffiti art

A painting by a graffiti artist was among the official gifts to Barack Obama from David Cameron on his first trip to Washington as prime minister.

The work, Twenty First Century City, is by Ben Eine, said to be one of the PM's wife Samantha's favourite artists.

The 39-year-old artist recently sprayed the entire alphabet on shop shutters in a London street.

Mr Obama continued the art theme by presenting the Camerons with a signed lithograph by pop artist Ed Ruscha.

The piece, Column with Speed Lines, was chosen for its red, white and blue colours matching the British and American flags
Well, I suppose it shows that call me Dave has a sense of humour if not a sense of taste. Does anyone else, though, find it unfortunate that "hug a hoody" chose to glorify a public places paint dauber? when I were a lad we called it vandalism.

Interestingly, the PM didn't even buy the bloody thing. Yer man Eine was so chuffed, he gave it to him bukshee.

Passed-over_Loggie said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10710074

David Cameron presents Barack Obama with graffiti art

A painting by a graffiti artist was among the official gifts to Barack Obama from David Cameron on his first trip to Washington as prime minister.

The work, Twenty First Century City, is by Ben Eine, said to be one of the PM's wife Samantha's favourite artists.

The 39-year-old artist recently sprayed the entire alphabet on shop shutters in a London street.

Mr Obama continued the art theme by presenting the Camerons with a signed lithograph by pop artist Ed Ruscha.

The piece, Column with Speed Lines, was chosen for its red, white and blue colours matching the British and American flags
Well, I suppose it shows that call me Dave has a sense of humour if not a sense of taste. Does anyone else, though, find it unfortunate that "hug a hoody" chose to glorify a public places paint dauber? when I were a lad we called it vandalism.

Interestingly, the PM didn't even buy the bloody thing. Yer man Eine was so chuffed, he gave it to him bukshee.
Does that mean the Obama bag runs down the White House gift shop again,
for a thought out gift for the "Liddel old Brits."

Serious question (in the Gash Barge); is painting over other people's property encouraged these days? Quite recently, that other dauber, Banksie, had his handiwork featured in an exhibition put on by Bristol Council.

sgtpepperband. You're a bad man.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The Fleet 86
LancashireHussar Current Affairs 1
D Submariners 45