Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by charl_louize, Mar 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So this is my third and hopefully final post but also the most interesting I think - what are the big no go areas for going into the Royal Navy?

i.e medical history, fitness, attitude and personal history.

what will just get you rejected before you manage to get your foot in the door?

cheers guys, hopefully some interesting stuff.
  2. I'm expecting the fellow tongue-in-cheekers to give me the 'turning up with a spliff in one hand' response. But i guess any response will be good!
  3. A tattoo across the forehead saying "Hang the Pope" might have a negtive effect.
  4. i was thinking more about your mental health. I suppose there would be some mental health issue in order to get that tattoo in the first place though . . .
  5. Don`t pick your nose and dribble at the mouth.
  6. What medical related things have people been rejected for. A friend of mine failed because of a small patch of skin on his elbow that was a stress related skin disorder. Seems extremely strict!
  7. I cant rememeber anyone being kicked out for Psoriasis!
  8. yeh they failed it! how stupid. . .but then boys tell lies sumtimes. ?
  9. you will be assesed re health and mental health and if you have forgotten to mention something on your forms then they do have grounds to dismiss due to fraudulent entry.Just tell the truth and all will be fine.Of course ,iF you have MH issues,its a different ball game.
  10. what are MH issues?
  11. is treatment for bereavement a mental health issue. :/ eek
  12. No they arent deemed as such,however some MH issues can arise from it if not dealt with.
  13. Did you ever vote for Tony...?
  14. lol :lol:
  15. haha. ive not been 18 long so not had that fine opportunity !
  16. So what might be constituted as a mental health issue? What about teenage angst? Just curious.
  17. Wanting to join up as a dabber!
  18. Telling someone you pull that you are a matelot, only finding out that she is looking for you 9 months later......... :twisted:
  19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Being a woman :wink:
  20. In the interview when answering why you want to join the Navy, giving 'Money' as part of your answer!