Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Brave Booties... Could a Matelot do this?

Follow the photos below, then answer the question: Have you got what it takes to be a Royal Marine?

• A piece of cake mate! But then I am a Bootie!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erm... perhaps not quite yet

• I'll join the RN instead!

• I feel sick!

• Just wait until the NUT see this!

• Total voters
Stand fast Knights of the G Spot, I'm talking about the others... :biggrin:

First your booty takes a short journey aloft...

Then he steps onto the temporary path, essential for completing his mission sucessfully...

No, you're NOT having a nightmare, this is a real route in China!

Watch your back... Thingy (in his red top) is pursuing you fast... can you get away....

WTF are those civvies doing, following us, says Wet Blobby and NZB, shocked that Chinese civvies are as brave as the Royals...

Oooo... a safety chain in case someone slips...

Suddenly the brave booties encounter a minor hitch... the "path" is no more, just some footholes.... EEK!

Then a gentle yomp to the summit...

And mission accomplished. The tea house beckons with a nice cup of hot tea....... 'old on Sarge... its got a notice saying closed for the weekend!

Unhappy booties... happy Chinese! :dwarf:

buffer01

Lantern Swinger
Piss of piss. "Fear God, Honour the King." The mighty Sea King will get you there, without getting all moist.

Hell of a set of phots Thingy. Wouldn't wanted to be the 1st one to blaze that trail....

Didn't a class of baby chippies (RN Shipwright apprentices) build this as their exhibition piece sometime in the '60s?

Tas-ape

Lantern Swinger
Great, just imagine as many televisions as you like, how could they issue your reminder/summons for not having one. I would do it!! :money:

Daktari

Banned
Mind can imagine getting half way up and Jeremy Beadle leaping out at you .. "Game for a Laugh???" - at least he might if he wasn't dead!

Taloolah

Banned
Picture No. 6 is what got me. Tad too rusty for my liking. Might give it a go otherwise, long as the weather's good.You only live once.

Piglet

Badgeman
You have got to be joking!
There is absolutly no way I would even get in the cable car, let alone on that Heath Robinson afair of a walkway. One of the reasons I joined boats was me and hights aren't the best of buddies.
BTW what is it with all the padlocks on that chain - are they worried some loony will half inch it on they way back down!

terryrat

Midshipman
how the f8ck do you get tescos to deliver the shopping said....................... shag shacker .................errrrmm online i think :whew:

Piglet said:
You have got to be joking!
There is absolutly no way I would even get in the cable car, let alone on that Heath Robinson afair of a walkway. One of the reasons I joined boats was me and hights aren't the best of buddies.
BTW what is it with all the padlocks on that chain - are they worried some loony will half inch it on they way back down!

I would rather be locked in a cell with Harold Shipman for a year than take tea aloft! :pukel:

As for the padlocks, I think they are to secure the rock face against causal theft by passing Talebanites.... on their way down, the fast way..... Ahhhhhhhhhh... SPLAT!

I should imagine that, before the demise of the tot, there would have been a jack or two (maybe a Jenny also ??) who would have cheerfully done it after a few 'sippers' - and probably blindfolded to boot !!

;)

This isn't really too hard at all. Most of it is protected and you can put a safety line on. Some via ferrata in Austria is worse than this - and I was only a pinkie !!

terryrat said:
how the f8ck do you get tescos to deliver the shopping said....................... shag shacker .................errrrmm online i think :whew:

sarcasm,
wit

and

irony

my god youve got em all

fookieoffthehood said:
This isn't really too hard at all. Most of it is protected and you can put a safety line on. Some via ferrata in Austria is worse than this - and I was only a pinkie !!

Ah but booties would lose their street cred with matelots if they used safety harnesses. After all, How many G-Spotters went aloft with a safety harness? :bball:

stingray

I served with a RM instructor who, legend had it, once walked around the outside of the parachute training balloon on a ledge like this without a parachute on, apparently because he was pissed off that they all looked so scared. Must have done wonders for their morale!

The padlocks are a symbol of fidelity - a couple put them in a really difficult place to get to (and I think this qualifies!), then the key is thrown. If either partner wants to end the relationship, then they have to find the key and unlock the padlock. I guess you'd be stuck with someone for life in this case though!

Cheers.

Topstop

War Hero
Yes definatly, a about 6 stone ago, probably?, well may be, if I had to, if I learned to walk on my hands, not while my arse points downwards ^_^; ^_^;

Taloolah

Banned
Lightweights....try a little therapy first.....Dr Vodka tends to yield great results.
As for the Tesco goodies.....hire sherpas with big ol' backpacks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS British Army protects big cats in Belize MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Big broadband boost for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next big step for Thorney Island’s flood defences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Big broadband boost for rural English shires and counties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Big step forward in digital infrastructure revolution brings benefits of 5G closer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Welsh governments team up on big broadband boost for rural Wales MoD News 0
BIG_EATS Big Wilf The Quarterdeck 12
MoD_RSS NDA group enjoys a big WiN at awards ceremony MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Passengers to plan journeys down to the minute as big data revitalises country’s bus use MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rural Crime Week proves a big success across Tees Valley MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to take a big ‘STEP’ to fusion electricity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Science superstars and small businesses could bring the next big innovations to market with £100 million boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spending Round gives big boost to local communities MoD News 0
E The big wait Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Big wins for British businesses as Vice Premier Hu Chunhua visits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Big wins for British businesses as Vice Premier Hu Chunhua visits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Big boost for tiny tech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Dr Liam Fox: Big dreams drive small business to take on the world MoD News 0
Maxpowers MASSIVE BIG GIANT ISSUE (NOT) Joining the Royal Navy 38
MoD_RSS Press release: Big changes to motorway upgrades set to improve drivers’ journeys MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Nuclear employees WiN big at national diversity conference MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Real Big Boats Diamond Lil's 4
soleil Economist: "Rum, Strategy & The Cash - Britain's RN Has Big Ambitions, But A Small Budget" Current Affairs 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The Big Five-Oh for Fazzers Submariners 4
slim Big Issue Seller News Current Affairs 1
vauxhall Big changes ahead? Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister visits small Ipswich company which has played big part in... MoD News 0
Stirlin Big is not always best. Sports and Adventure Training 5
G Big help with interview tomorrow Submariners 11
BillyNoMates Big white ships. International 6
MoD_RSS News story: Trustworthiness of information from big data sets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Timeline visualisation for provenance-based big data sensemaking MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Knowledge based autonomous big data validation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Hypothesis generation and visualisation from big data MoD News 0
G How big are the classes for Prnc and raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
B Big guns turn fire on No10 The Quarterdeck 41
Guns How big is the T45??? The Fleet 10
Sumo Olympics 2016 the next big event Sports and Adventure Training 8
MoD_RSS Press release: Winners of £2 million autonomy and big data funding announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: autonomy and big data for defence MoD News 0
mitch in the north BIG EATS!! Diamond Lil's 29
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: open-source big data insight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Easing big-data information overload and precision navigation MoD News 0
babygravy Big BAE announcement next week Current Affairs 17
Guzzler That 'big' pay rise Finance & Pensions 11
slim The Big Issue........Helping or Hurting Diamond Lil's 12
Seadog Bob Crow Has Gone to the Big Picket Line in the Sky Current Affairs 46
sgtpepperband 28 Things That People With Big Boobs Can Simply Never Do Diamond Lil's 21
Woody2654 A big cuddly Bear The Corps 0
soleil Channel 5: "Big, Bigger, Biggest" - Thursday, Oct 10th 2013 - 1900 Submariners 3