Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bicycles, bicycling and fluorescent skin tight clothing.

wet_blobby said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Right oh then all cyclists climb back in their cars, .................... sit in the even longer traffic jams?

Er, we live in NZ mate, there aren't any traffic jams... :wink:

Never been to Auckland then all those crazy orientals like a miniature Singers

Oil_Slick

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
Right oh then all cyclists climb back in their cars, (I have one so pay Road Tax etc, but prefer to cycle to work nowadays.)
How frustrated are the 'Suburban 4WD never seen a speck of mud Kill Cyclist *******' as I like to call them going to be then?
Who will they vent their rage on as they sit in the even longer traffic jams?
CNUTS :evil:

One puts on ones air conditioning and plays fine tunes on the 6 speaker Alpine while smirking at all the sperm helmet and lycra beclad cycle nazis breathing in my fumes and getting soaking wet, even more fun when one can actually splash them, that's the perks of a 4x4, we can drive straight into big puddles and enjoy the hilarity that ensues as the cycle fag in his lycra gets a nice ice cold shower of road filth.. :p

Toodle pip, off home now sitting in leather upholstered comfort with the climate control set on 'pleasant' and the alpine set on loud. :wink:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Oil_Slick said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Right oh then all cyclists climb back in their cars, (I have one so pay Road Tax etc, but prefer to cycle to work nowadays.)
How frustrated are the 'Suburban 4WD never seen a speck of mud Kill Cyclist *******' as I like to call them going to be then?
Who will they vent their rage on as they sit in the even longer traffic jams?
CNUTS :evil:

One puts on ones air conditioning and plays fine tunes on the 6 speaker Alpine while smirking at all the sperm helmet and lycra beclad cycle nazis breathing in my fumes and getting soaking wet, even more fun when one can actually splash them, that's the perks of a 4x4, we can drive straight into big puddles and enjoy the hilarity that ensues as the cycle fag in his lycra gets a nice ice cold shower of road filth.. :p

Toodle pip, off home now sitting in leather upholstered comfort with the climate control set on 'pleasant' and the alpine set on loud. :wink:
I would'nt have the stereo up too loud as you'll miss hearing the cycle-nazi kicking your back panels in as he passes you at the next set of traffic lights.
Here's laughing at you as you fume at the petrol pumps! Giving your hard earned to those Arabs and Mooslems you so hate. :lol:

Backpacker1uk said:
wet_blobby said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Right oh then all cyclists climb back in their cars, .................... sit in the even longer traffic jams?

Er, we live in NZ mate, there aren't any traffic jams... :wink:

Never been to Auckland then all those crazy orientals like a miniature Singers

Alas, for my sins I have had the displeasure of travelling in and out of Auckland. Tis another world, not part of what I'd class as NZ but more a little bit of Asia meets Samoa and Tonga. They even have a bit of motorway up there and it's truly scary seeing people try and use it. I was worried enough in a nice big Western Star hauling 45 tons, sod being on a bike in Auckland, no amount of fluorescent clothing can keep you safe from those idiots.

daffy1

War Hero
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
I would rather be seen and gay than under a truck or car

Then don't play with the grown ups in cars…

4x4 vs Lycra = Trip in a nice flourescent coloured ambulance

Are you still talking shite ?

Be quite 'reactive target'… :twisted:

Still talking shite, and the only reason you have a 4x4 is to move your fat ass, as everything else has failed you thus holding some grudge against us healthly people.

Oil_Slick

War Hero
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:

Still talking shite, and the only reason you have a 4x4 is to move your fat ass, as everything else has failed you thus holding some grudge against us healthly people.

You' healthy' cyclists have a far higher death rate pro rata than us car drivers… :twisted:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:

You' healthy' cyclists have a far higher death rate pro rata than us car drivers… :twisted:

Fook orf Clarkson troll! :twisted:
That's only on the roads because you fat dumbarses are too busy fiddling with your SatNavs, mobiles stereos other pointless "Look at me!!" gadgets to pay attention to your driving.
You may get some fun out of killing some us, but Mick the broken nosed guvnor of D wing will have far more fun breaking in your virgin ring when you get done for causing death by fecktard driving.

Andrew_1980

Lantern Swinger
Bergen said:
2_deck_dash said:
In England, generally people know how to drive properly.

Exactly my point. Houstonians are the worst drivers in the US. The amber light means 'Give it some gas'.... The red light means 'Give it more gas'.

Last week one of the eedjits ran his car off an empty, dead-straight, road and into a marsh.

Nothing unusual in that I hear you say...................... but it was a brand-new Bugatti Veyron with 500 miles on the clock.

Edited to add:-

The driver said that the accident was caused because he dropped his cell-phone. Which begs the question whether a Veyron has Bluetooth thrown in as part of the package.

RM

video of that as it happened here..!

http://www.epicfail.com/2009/11/16/bugatti-veyron-fail/

On a conservation point of view.

We remove the Rhodendrons from the hillside to allow the native flowers to bloom,bluebells,anemone,daffodils. The mountain biker comes along what a nice hill to race down then his mate comes along etc etc. We now have a well worn track and then the rain falls turning the track into a river. Bingo we have erosion of the hillside. Do please stay on designated trails.

On a perv point of view I am so happy I am the designated official photographer for the annual charity bike ride over R&W Bridge.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
I must agree that there are some complete cocks who ride bikes.
Tricks such as going through red lights, up on pavements when it suits and causing damage off road get my goat as it puts all cyclists in a bad light and gives the suburban 4WD macho 'men' the excuse they need to take up even more of the road in their attempts to show other road users how clever they are.

Oil_Slick

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:

That's only on the roads because you fat dumbarses are too busy fiddling with your SatNavs, mobiles stereos other pointless "Look at me!!" gadgets to pay attention to your driving.
You may get some fun out of killing some us, but Mick the broken nosed guvnor of D wing will have far more fun breaking in your virgin ring when you get done for causing death by fecktard driving.

Yes, I have a Sat-Nav too, a rather fine built in one with a 7" screen… wonderful bit of kit, bit pointless for cycle johhnies though as they can't go further than round the corner. Mobile? That's a hands free jobbie, that works through the very fine 6 speaker Alpine system too…

Death by dangerous driving? Nah, never been charged with anything like that. Last cycle nobber I got was the one I treated to some tyre treads as he rather nobbishly decided to ride up the inside of me as I was turning left in a 7 ton truck… only left him with a broken leggie and a flat pack bike. Best one was the racing nob in full on lycra, sperm helmet and racing tredder… head down like he was on the final stage of the tour de france… if he'd been looking up he'd have noticed I was stopping and not splattered himself all over the back door of the van… Police on both occasions deemed me blameless and the cyclists terminally stupid pricks.

Only seen one killed though, not by me, bellendy cyclist decided to flash down the middle of the road in some slow moving traffic, shame he hadn't worked out that the lights had changed… alas for cycle nob, it was a big Jeep Cherokee that he met at the junction and he lost that one terminally.

Still, the best thing about cycling is that it does keep the NHS provided with a steady stream of donor organs.

X.R.D

War Hero
Oil_Slick said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:
Oil_Slick said:
daffy1 said:

Yes, I have a Sat-Nav too, a rather fine built in one with a 7" screen… wonderful bit of kit, bit pointless for cycle johhnies though as they can't go further than round the corner. Mobile? That's a hands free jobbie, that works through the very fine 6 speaker Alpine system too…

Death by dangerous driving? Nah, never been charged with anything like that. Last cycle nobber I got was the one I treated to some tyre treads as he rather nobbishly decided to ride up the inside of me as I was turning left in a 7 ton truck… only left him with a broken leggie and a flat pack bike. Best one was the racing nob in full on lycra, sperm helmet and racing tredder… head down like he was on the final stage of the tour de france… if he'd been looking up he'd have noticed I was stopping and not splattered himself all over the back door of the van… Police on both occasions deemed me blameless and the cyclists terminally stupid pricks.

Only seen one killed though, not by me, bellendy cyclist decided to flash down the middle of the road in some slow moving traffic, shame he hadn't worked out that the lights had changed… alas for cycle nob, it was a big Jeep Cherokee that he met at the junction and he lost that one terminally.

Still, the best thing about cycling is that it does keep the NHS provided with a steady stream of donor organs.

I didn't really give a stuff about the little bitching session between yourself and Daffykins until that which i have highlighted. I can assure you that it isnt funny when you have to try and stop relatives of the mess lying in the road underneath a truck from trying to get to them as they only live around the corner..........or trying to hold the blokes scalp on because admittedly he wasn't wearing a lid and decided to come off his bike. I also remember vividly staring at the mess of bodyparts and metal lying in a ditch because he was knocked off his bike by a truck and he was a responsible bike rider who did nothing wrong.

Basically people who ride bikes are sometimes as much in the wrong as car drivers but dont afford the protection of a motor vehicle so the effect is more devastating.

I suggest you botty boys kiss and make up as your starting to sound like complete throbbers!!!

2_deck_dash

War Hero
A quick update on my cycling adventures.

Things have been going really well so far although it has rained a bit. I have discovered a good looking lady cyclist who follows a similar route to me, if I leave the house on time, I get to spend half an hour staring at her lycra clad arse every morning, which is great!

I have only had one accident so far and it was actually caused by another cyclist, not a car or bus which I was expecting. The cnut just rode into me, fortunately I came away unscathed and he fell off into a puddle which was highly amusing. He appologised for his stupidity (after I made him) and off I went on my merry way.

Cycling: It's for winners.

biggus_diccus

Midshipman
Having done a bit of cycling myself (Mexico, Lands end - John O'Groats), I was talking to someone about my next trip when he reminded me of an ex-workmate (only knew him to day hello).

Anyway, he has been on a couple of cycle rides - first one, he flew himself and bike out to Oz and cycled home to blighty.

Second trip, which he is still on is a tour of south/north america.

Here's his web site if anyone fancies a look:
long rides.....

Makes my trips look like a visit to the corner shop!

Go on - get out there on yer bike. You see so much more, save money and get that "holier than thou" feeling. Just watch out for some total tossers in 4x4's like oil_slick - all wind and piss and need a big motor to hide their fat useless arses in.

Rant over.

Haggis_Catcher

War Hero
pests of the road especially the ones who sit in the middle of the road on a halfords own brand bike and go everywhere in 2 stripe pants and pedal in first gear and legs going ten to the dozen and going nowhere fast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Free bicycles for job-seekers in Greater Manchester MoD News 0
Shakey Bicycles and the law. The Quarterdeck 37

Latest Threads