Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bicycles, bicycling and fluorescent skin tight clothing.

Oil_Slick

War Hero
daffy1 said:
I would rather be seen and gay than under a truck or car

Then don't play with the grown ups in cars…

4x4 vs Lycra = Trip in a nice flourescent coloured ambulance

pinkprincess

Lantern Swinger
Good for you!

I am selling my car to a boy-racer AET and his mate that have a new engine for it and getting myself a rather cute retro bike for the journey to work.

My long journeys are always done in a hire car anyway and I walk everywhere else so I am rather looking forward to it. I will of course have to eat lots of cake because I don't want to get skinny so it's a win-win for me! I shan't, however, be donning fluorescent attire, that is just so 1980's and despite the 80's fashion revival, I thought it was sh*t then and think it's sh*t now :p

The next petrol powered machine that I buy will be a little Honda Blackbird or an R1...

Bergen said:
Ja5on said:
I ride to work every monday I drop in a weeks worth of shirts and a suit then ride the other four days it saves me £80 a month. although sometimes I can't be bothered cause it's raining hard and do take the car but overall I like it. I have got some specialized Armadillo tyres on mine which prevent nearly all puctures as they are lined with kevlar. There is nothing worse than a puncture.

Hold that thought as the truck hits you :roll:

RM

Oops, like this you mean?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/496409

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Right oh then all cyclists climb back in their cars, (I have one so pay Road Tax etc, but prefer to cycle to work nowadays.)
How frustrated are the 'Suburban 4WD never seen a speck of mud Kill Cyclist *******' as I like to call them going to be then?
Who will they vent their rage on as they sit in the even longer traffic jams?
CNUTS :evil:

NZ_Bootneck said:
Right oh then all cyclists climb back in their cars, .................... sit in the even longer traffic jams?

Er, we live in NZ mate, there aren't any traffic jams... :wink:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
wet_blobby said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Right oh then all cyclists climb back in their cars, .................... sit in the even longer traffic jams?

Er, we live in NZ mate, there aren't any traffic jams... :wink:
Bollix! I sat in one the other day for all of....2 minutes... 6 cars long it was, by crikey I was almost tempted to film it on my phone and send it into One News as an AmCam. It's got to be a record for Dunners! :lol:

Why ain't you out hauling logs? still on ACC?
Or have Dunners C******* fitted your cab out with Broadband and a LapTop? 8O :D

Doc wont sign me back fully fit. What with what happened the other day and a keen H&S audit going on work dont want me either, bummer.

Bergen

ADC
pinkprincess said:
Good for you!

I am selling my car to a boy-racer AET and his mate that have a new engine for it and getting myself a rather cute retro bike for the journey to work.

My long journeys are always done in a hire car anyway and I walk everywhere else so I am rather looking forward to it. I will of course have to eat lots of cake because I don't want to get skinny so it's a win-win for me! I shan't, however, be donning fluorescent attire, that is just so 1980's and despite the 80's fashion revival, I thought it was sh*t then and think it's sh*t now :p

The next petrol powered machine that I buy will be a little Honda Blackbird or an R1...

Can't wait to see that one.............................................

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bergen said:
pinkprincess said:
Good for you!

Can't wait to see that one.............................................

PP can one assume that you have a wide load sign available? :eek:

Bergen

ADC
wet_blobby said:
Oh dear, in my youth I've shagged things like that. :oops:

'Kinnel Marine Blobinski....................... I wonder what you're reduced to porking in your Autumn years????????????????? :roll:

RM

WhiteRose

Lantern Swinger
I see nothing wrong with a cycling profiency test. I did mine when I were a nipper and having a test like one needs to ride around on a chicken chaser, seems like a good idea to me.

Part of the test should be a clothing assessment, i.e. awareness of when it is approritate to wear it. Nothing wrong with the bright clothing, but I refuse to wear anything that requires peeling off at the end of the day.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
WhiteRose said:
I see nothing wrong with a cycling profiency test. I did mine when I were a nipper and having a test like one needs to ride around on a chicken chaser, seems like a good idea to me.

Part of the test should be a clothing assessment, i.e. awareness of when it is approritate to wear it. Nothing wrong with the bright clothing, but I refuse to wear anything that requires peeling off at the end of the day.

Do you sleep in your gimp suit then? :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Free bicycles for job-seekers in Greater Manchester MoD News 0
Shakey Bicycles and the law. The Quarterdeck 37