BFRS Bovington Defence & Security Career Event

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by BFRS, Jul 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Date: Thursday 11 July 2013 from 1030hrs to 1430hrs

This event is part of the Defence and Security Roadshow, 2013. It is being held at the Memorial Hall, Bovington Camp, Wareham, BH20 6JQ.

It is aimed specifically towards the security and defence sector.

For more information and to pre-register, please follow the link below...

BFRS Defence & Security Roadshow 2013 - Bovington

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Small world! I'm in Bovington next week too.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...are you looking at a new career, NS? :?

[​IMG]

4. Ninja_Stoker

Not that I'm aware of...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Get us a tank (tracked, with gun, not sewage or fresh water) will you, traffic is starting to get on my nerves.

6. And me!!

Hold on - I work there anyway!!!!!:scratch:

7. I actually find the event quiet ironic when Bovington is cutting down on it's security, (in line with the rest of the MoD, of course).

8. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, stunning logic from the MOD. Quite recently they thought is would be a jolly good idea to cut security staff down to one person at a local unit that contains an armoury chock-a-block full of weapons and ammunition.

When it was pointed out that there would be no-one there if the guy wanted to visit the loo or have a lunch break, they though it would be quite alright to use AFCO staff to "fill in" on an ad hoc basis until they were re-briefed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm one of the security supervisors at the very place you are refering too.

The get out phrase is 'risk managed'.

Priceless!!!

10. With the Bovington leg of the BFRS Defence & Security Roadshow this Thursday, this is a quick reminder about the day.

The Bovington Defence & Security Roadshow July 11th 2013.

Time: 1030hrs - 1430hrs
    Venue: Memorial Hall
    Address: Bovington Camp, Wareham BH20 6JQ

For your research prior to the Roadshow, you can access the companies on line and view the electronic event guide by going to the event page on the BFRS website by following this link….. http://www.bfrss.org.uk/Events/July-2013/BFRS-Defence-and-Security-Roadshow-2013---Bovington.aspx

On the event page you can view and download joining instructions and also view the event guide on-line.

BBC Radio Solent are also wanting to talk to an individual who has struggled to settle back into civilian life after leaving the Forces for a short radio interview in Dorchester (between 0700hrs - 0800hrs), so if that is something you would be willing to do, please let me know.

Remember, if you have any friends or colleagues that could benefit from attending, please let them know about the Event… The team @ BFRS look forward to seeing you on the day!